Another annoying tom tom thing

So it’s calculating a route and gets stuck for ages at 97%, it then comes up saying no truck route available route is based on bus profile. It then gets stuck on 98% and says no bus route available now based on car profile. It happened 2 weeks ago and the whole route I drove had nothing that a truck or bus couldn’t go down or through.

It’s just happened again now. So I’ve checked the whole route against my map and on google and the only thing is right at the end is 7.5t limit except for access but it’s a construction site on that road so I need access. This would explain then it being able to find a truck route but not bus as well.

It happened about a year ago and the reason it was telling me there is no truck route available was because it was sending me under a 15’9 bridge with a 15’10 to trailer and rather than calculate me a route round it, it just said no route available. Great!

Sent mine back a.n.f.p , got a snooper and it’s been great , other than it sent me up a bus only route in Wolverhampton :unamused: :unamused: .

dozy:
Sent mine back a.n.f.p , got a snooper and it’s been great , other than it sent me up a bus only route in Wolverhampton :unamused: :unamused: .

No it didn’t.

Dear TomTom,

Can you please produce a Sat-Nav where I can extract my brain and sit it on the passenger seat while i’m working.

Thanks in advance! :smiley:

Still a long way to go for artificial intelligence. I’m guessing that the driverless truck getting “no route available” would just sit in the yard. Or would it circle the M25?

dozy:

So you did’nt see the bus only sign then before blindly following your sat nav?..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yesterday mine said to turn right at the end of the road, had a think then said to turn round where possible :question:

Which Tomtom have you got Rowley and has it been updated with the latest software? Mine (Tomtom 6000 Truck) will happily take me through 7.5T except for access zones if needed but it might be that it’s seeing something else on its version of the map which isn’t actually there, or has been changed.

Not tried it where the access is in a 7.5T zone, but it might be worth plotting to a nearby street or even the next street and enter the crossing with the one you want. Thats worked for me with other sat navs and if it doesn’t then it’s seeing something odd en-route. There is a possibility that it’s also seeing the final road as “unpaved” if that’s an option in your nav depending what sort of road it is.

As above, update the software.