Another Algarve jaunt!!

Well, I have just got back from another 12 day jaunt down to the Algarve. I was not going to do a diary as I have already done one for this trip. BUT I just felt I had to post these pics.
They were taken last Sunday (13/11)… I had come off the ferry late Friday night and it was raining … bad enough that I only went as far as Mont St Michel. Saturday morning it was still raining. Down to Irun. Sunday morning it was STILL raining and I was beginning to think I had my own personal black cloud following me (it turned out I did).
I climbed Miguels Mountain heading for Madrid and spotted white tops where there hadn’t been white tops the previous week :open_mouth:
I picked up the Vittoria-Burgos Motorway (it was still raining) and suddenly I thought “Why is that gritter coming towards me? … why are they out?”
Five minutes later, I went into this!!

and it got worse

CLIMBING THE SOMASIERRA

This was only 90 kms above Madrid where the weather was like this :open_mouth:

Yes, I got the Devil in me on Sunday and went straight through the middle of Madrid instead of using the ring road :smiling_imp:

Nothing else exciting happened on the trip apart from me losing my proud record of having NEVER paid a penny to those corrupt Muppets that call themselves Police in Europe!
I got stopped down in Murcia Friday morning … was told there was nothing wrong with my charts YET they still fined me an extornionate amount for a minor technicality with the charts GRRRRRRRR and I mean an extortionate amount.
A letter has been typed and translated already and I shall be phoning the Spanish Embassy in London tomorrow morning

Nice read and pics :smiley:

What Convoy said.

Yep, it is a bit weird going over the Somasierra in the snow, then just down the road it is like a different season.

Got delayed there once by an accident caused by the snow and was late for a delivery in Madrid. Engineer I was supposed to meet phoned and asked where I was. “I’ve been delayed because of the snow.” " Hahahaha. No really where are you?" He wouldn’t believe me. :smiley: :smiley:

Cor Blimey! Come over that on 11/11 and no snow, but a bit wet and cloudy.
First trip down that way for me so your last diary helped. :smiley:
Madrid a bit of a nightmare with all the roadworks, lost loads of time in traffic and on the way out passed a wide load we had passed on the way in. :question: :confused: how they do that?? :smiley:
Have the Spainish police always been picky or is it a recent thing. When the Police stopped one of the other teams, they found a problem with the tacho’s and the team manager had to fly out to pay the fine. :open_mouth:

Nice pictures and good weather. Nothing more than little bit of (very) wet snow raining down :wink:

Are those snow ploughers (in second last pic if I’m correct) only ploughing (?) or did they also lay salt to melt rest of that “snow”? Just curious to know how they deal with snow “down there”.