Another accident at Cathorpe

Just heard on the radio there has just been another accident at Capthorpe this morning air ambulance called again, hope the driver/drivers are ok

Madguy. B :smiling_imp:

The A14 in Northamptonshire has reopened after a lorry overturned spilling its load of semi-processed sugar beet across both carriageways.

The incident took place between junctions one and two at about 08:30 BST. The road was closed for four hours and traffic was diverted.

Northamptonshire Police said the driver had been freed from the vehicle and was not believed to have serious injuries.

surely that driver should be done for an insecure load???vosa say a sheet is no good as load security?load should be secured then sheetedâ– â– ?

xamtex:
surely that driver should be done for an insecure load???vosa say a sheet is no good as load security?load should be secured then sheetedâ– â– ?

What would you do :question: chuck em by hand in a container and quickly shut the door :bulb:

No that would be silly you should use a net and straps of course.

The sheet is not a load restraint as when the driver started his day it was on top of the trailer.As with most bulk tippers its a cover for the load

the big un:
The sheet is not a load restraint as when the driver started his day it was on top of the trailer.As with most bulk tippers its a cover for the load

The sheet was over the load, the comment was over your head…whooooooooosh :laughing:

Ridiculous junction that, the cambers are all wrong, although that’s no excuse for flopping on your side, you should drive accordingly and having driven a bulker like a complete maniac, on that very roundabout, he must’ve been giving it a large portion to fall over :unamused:

looked like traffic stopped in lane 1 he turned hard lost it tipped over and took the barrier out saw the helicopter land and the woobles walking the driver to it

Most of our bulker trailers have the anti roll device fitted to the so most try and push on a bit harder than they should

Drove my bulker trailer along that route shortly after it reopened. I would say he went over at least 1/4 mile from the junction, heading south. Whatever caused him to roll - i doubt very much it was the junction.

LEARN TOO DRIVE SAFELY SIMPLES

â– â– â– â– â– â–  me up big time this morning, was taking a truck to Ipswich from Manchester, then had a few other bits and bobs planned, that put nearly 3hrs on my journey :open_mouth:

I was only in an 18t, so thought I’d ■■■■ all the big wagons off and skip through Market Harborough, BAD IDEA… Should’ve gone the other route I think :blush:

Was obviously no probs gettin’ my truck round, but a few of the big 'uns went that way too, traffic lights not running any altered sync meant it took forever, clocking up massive driving time, around 7hrs driving time from Manchester to Ipswich :open_mouth:

flipfiesta:
looked like traffic stopped in lane 1 he turned hard lost it tipped over and took the barrier out saw the helicopter land and the woobles walking the driver to it

And following on from topmixers comment if your watching the road not your paper, tv, etc you should see the traffic stopped and react a bit differently to ‘flippin it, or ploughing into’ :blush:.

There’s a message on our ‘intranet’ today off Penning :unamused: and the work being done at the moment to ‘try’ & improve Catthorpe, not quite sure if it said it was going through public enquiry stage :neutral_face:

therugbyobserver.co.uk/2012/ … 43345.html

Edit to add link