Another 10 hour driving question

Now I know the basics but in an ideal world you can’t always drive upto your limit each time so let’s say for example I did 3.5 hrs driving then 45 min break then another 3.5 hrs driving then 45 min break,could I then drive another 3 hours to make it up to the 10 hours?

Obviously there could be a number of variations of driving time and working time but I’m assuming as long as it all adds up to 10 hrs it’s fine. I’ll probably get some stick here asking this but after nearly 9 years of class 2 multi drop I haven’t really got anywhere near the 10 hr limit,in fact never used that extra hour…until now I’m driving artics !

Yes I did a quick search but couldn’t see a specific answer to my question.

As long as you are having a 45 before you clock up 4.5 hours of driving then you are OK. The problem comes when you only have two hours left of driving but the tacho shows you can do a full 4.5.

I think this is correct.

3 hours of driving
45 min break
2 hours of driving
45 min break
4 hours of driving
45 min break
1 hour of driving
Stop, pull card and begin daily rest.

Yep you got the general idea

Beggersbanquet:
Now I know the basics but in an ideal world you can’t always drive upto your limit each time so let’s say for example I did 3.5 hrs driving then 45 min break then another 3.5 hrs driving then 45 min break,could I then drive another 3 hours to make it up to the 10 hours?

Obviously there could be a number of variations of driving time and working time but I’m assuming as long as it all adds up to 10 hrs it’s fine. I’ll probably get some stick here asking this but after nearly 9 years of class 2 multi drop I haven’t really got anywhere near the 10 hr limit,in fact never used that extra hour…until now I’m driving artics !

The 4 meal day! :slight_smile:

3-3.5 hours between breaks is a nice way to break it up if its a long run from A towards B when you can’t actually get to B in 10 hours. Depends on what flexibility you have as to whether doing a 10 hour drive is beneficial though, is getting that extra hour up the road worth the extra 45 minutes break?

Radar19:
The problem comes when you only have two hours left of driving but the tacho shows you can do a full 4.5.

Ah yes just the matter of recording the driving time before each ‘clean sheet’. Cheers Radar it makes sense.

There are a few apps out on tinterweb that can help keep track of your working and driving times. Sure I had an email from truck net about one they were recommending but can’t remember the name of it.

Vid:

Beggersbanquet:

The 4 meal day! :slight_smile:

3-3.5 hours between breaks is a nice way to break it up if its a long run from A towards B when you can’t actually get to B in 10 hours. Depends on what flexibility you have as to whether doing a 10 hour drive is beneficial though, is getting that extra hour up the road worth the extra 45 minutes break?

Had a few 4 meal days then Vid ? :wink:

I get what you’re saying,I’ll see how my run pans out and just enjoy it rather than drive like a loon. To be honest I will be taking it steady as class 1 is still new to me…I’m living the dream !!

madmackem:
There are a few apps out on tinterweb that can help keep track of your working and driving times. Sure I had an email from truck net about one they were recommending but can’t remember the name of it.

Was it truck buddy or something,I’ll have a look in the App Store

Read a LOT of negative reviews of truck buddy - go for trucker timer instead - Its about £3.30 but at least it does what it says itll do.

Another legal example

drive 3 hrs
break 45 mins
drive 2 hrs
break 15 mins
drive 2 hrs
break 30 mins
drive 3 hrs

ROG:
Another legal example

drive 3 hrs
break 45 mins
drive 2 hrs
break 15 mins
drive 2 hrs
break 30 mins
drive 3 hrs

Yep spot on I’ve got it now cheers mucka’s

■■■■■■■:
Read a LOT of negative reviews of truck buddy - go for trucker timer instead - Its about £3.30 but at least it does what it says itll do.

Trucker timer looks good it’s £4.50 will get this I think

Buy a cheap pack of pens for 99p. When you stop for 45 write down on notes how much driving time you have left.