Annual Pay awards

I have been working as a class 1 driver with a n/west haulage firm four years next month, in this time the only pay rise we have had is 2.5% after 12 months, then 2.35% after 18 months, so thats under 5% in all this time, we have been told there is not a rise due in the near future.
I was wondering what other drivers pay rises have been like so I have an idea how much behind we are being ripped off. Also could you post what your overtime % rate is for Sat/Sun/Nights, ours is only + 12.5% or 1/8. Could always go on the Agency and get £9.5 nights -£12.5 Sat £18 Sun…

The owners seem to pay themselves well though. The Chelford Irlam main man plus his brothers in 2001/2 were on £10,500 approx a WEEK! thats 2.7m between them! Worth £60m = 666 according to the Times rich list > timesonline.co.uk
Look forward to hearing from you all.

the average wage for class 1 drivers here in london is as follows.

Class 1 £45,000 per year basic
Class 2 £35,000 " " "
Van driver £25,000 " "

Average week is Mon to Fri. Overtime is voluntary and is paid £200 cash for saturday or sunday work.

Well we can always dream cant we…

have a nice day

i think the average for ce1 work is £7to£8 normall time based on first 8 hours then time an half,weekend work is £12.50 for sat or sun.
if your not getting the above you are being sharfted by david and co.
asda in your area will pay about £24,000 gross per year same as tesco.
hope this helps best of luck.
rgds mark.

Bigwheels480:
The owners seem to pay themselves well though. The Chelford Irlam main man plus his brothers in 2001/2 were on £10,500 approx a WEEK! thats 2.7m between them! Worth £60m = 666 according to the Times rich list.

Seen that number somewhere before wouldn’t work for those tight devils :exclamation: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :wink:

Bigwheels480:
in this time the only pay rise we have had is 2.5% after 12 months, then 2.35% after 18 months

I normally get somewhere in the region of 2% give or take 0.5% each year.
This usually takes an age to come through though so you get it like six months after the event as backpay.

Also could you post what your overtime % rate is for Sat/Sun/Nights, ours is only + 12.5% or 1/8. Could always go on the Agency and get £9.5 nights -£12.5 Sat £18 Sun…

Well, that’s better than me as I get the same rate whatever day of the week on Class I. There are better rates on Class 2 (about time and half I’d say as a guesstimate). Because of this you can actually make more on C Sunday than C+E in some cases and have 5 hours less to do :open_mouth:

If the hours were the same I’d be bottom of the pile for sure :frowning:

On a Sunday I’ll run from ~7pm 'til 7.30am… don’t make a oner.

I did question the rate but was told “That’s how it is”.

You might say, well… why bother? Well, my friends, the big ‘E’ …experience. I’m a newb having just entered my second year although if you read one of my other few posts you’ll see that I’ve told them I won’t be signing any opt out of the WTD… “That’s how it is” :stuck_out_tongue:

Let some other mug, erm… I mean one of my colleagues, do it :slight_smile:

Saxon786:
if you read one of my other few posts you’ll see that I’ve told them I won’t be signing any opt out of the WTD… “That’s how it is” :stuck_out_tongue:

Let some other mug, erm… I mean one of my colleagues, do it :slight_smile:

No one will be signing a opt- out!!
because there isn’t one!
Every mobile worker will be bound by the new law come next year! they are a few exceptions, but you & me as normal employed drivers will be coverd by it!
No opt-out for anyone no matter what you boss is telling you!