Annoying car driver

Silver_Surfer:
Well, you can’t really defend it but I don’t blame the bloke at all.

Think I would of edited the video a bit more, just to show the last 30 seconds!

Am I missing something? The very first part of the video where he approaches the car - why didn’t he just overtake him instead of slowing down and flashing him. Unless there is a ban on HGVs overtaking there, I cant see any reason to start such a stupid sequence.
Not the best truck driving but you’ve got to be a pretty dumb car driver to play chicken with a truck.

Silver_Surfer:
Well, you can’t really defend it but I don’t blame the bloke at all.

My sentiments entirely/

The way i see it was maybe the trucker couldnt pull out because that n/s lane was blocked with other traffic, all that was wrong was the car was going fast enough in the eyes of that dangerous trucker, he could have killed someone, all he had to do was pull back and be patient, the car driver was retaliating because of the way dumbkof was behaving. Most Dutch drivers have an attitude problem, and i have myself encountered their behaviour, horns, handshakes, just because i was going slow, so as to not miss my turning, and everyone has the right to drive as fast as they want, or as slow as they feel like it ( although there is a minimum speed limit on motorways i believe )
As much as car drivers do tend to drive you mad at times, us professionals have to learn how to deal with it, and not get out of our prams, and that driver will not get my vote, it was dangerous on both counts, and i am pleased the driver is going to court, thank god for his camera, which will convict him…hopefully.

The way i see it was maybe the trucker couldnt pull out because that n/s lane was blocked with other traffic, all that was wrong was the car was going fast enough in the eyes of that dangerous trucker, he could have killed someone, all he had to do was pull back and be patient, the car driver was retaliating because of the way dumbkof was behaving. Most Dutch drivers have an attitude problem, and i have myself encountered their behaviour, horns, handshakes, just because i was going slow, so as to not miss my turning, and everyone has the right to drive as fast as they want, or as slow as they feel like it ( although there is a minimum speed limit on motorways i believe )
As much as car drivers do tend to drive you mad at times, us professionals have to learn how to deal with it, and not get out of our prams, and that driver will not get my vote, it was dangerous on both counts, and i am pleased the driver is going to court, thank god for his camera, which will convict him…hopefully.

You could almost think the car was trying to hijack the truck? Won’t let him past and trying to slow him up?

Iv had almost the same thing happen to me where as you go to over take and they speed up so you pull back in they slow down its like they dont want to be over taken by a truck. :unamused:

I think the truck driver is being a ■■■■! Why just not pull out and stay in middle lane and crawl past the car?
No wonder the car reacted the way it did after he pulled back on him too soon and probably forced him off the motorway.

What my reaction might be depends on which position I was in. Based on the evidence given, if I was the truck driver, I would be most put out by the car driver’s actions, then severely embarrassed by my own actions, then worried by the consequences, finally, presumably, I would regret my rash behaviour. If in the car… actually thinking about it, just about the same applies (in reverse of course)! Where did it start? Both behaved like idiots.

I saw a few similar scenarios on empty motorways on night trunking.The question is at what point do you decide if something looks like a potential hijack situation then it probably is one.In all cases staying behind the car in either lane 1 or 2 because the ■■■■■■ can’t be in two lanes at once usually sorts things out in the end when they either get bored or look for another victim. :bulb:

martinviking:
Brilliant, give the Truck Driver a Medal.
I hope he jumped out & rearranged the Knobs Face with a Crow Bar !

These people need to realise what they are doing, messing around with 44 tons of Death.

None of us want to kill anybody but when these Dead Brains try to entice us into a Duel, there’s only ever gonna be 1 winner !

You said it mate. My blood pressure went up a couple of notches just watching that. I should think any judge would allow mitigating circumstances for that kind of incident. It’s to be hoped that the car driver ■■■■ himself good and proper. :smiling_imp:

It looks like dangerous driving on both parts to me. That said anyone who brake tests a truck is asking for trouble no matter who started it.

Happened 10 years ago to me, car driver was angry I didn’t let him him out from slip road so then started to have one of these brake test/speed up competitions with random coffee bean exchanges, I lost the plot in the end and hit him so hard up the arse he ended up in a ditch. Pulled over and ran back to see how injured he was, luckily the bugger was unconscious, so just cracked on… Loved the days before everyone had cameras.

I’m making this up, honest.

Stupidity shown by both drivers

Lol offit