Announcement: TruckNet UK is moving

Between 10 pm and 2 am tonight (29/4/2005) the complete range of TruckNet sites will be moving onto our own servers, with our own T1 high speed lines

This should vastly improve loading times, and ease the down time problems we have had in the past.

Thses servers are not operated by a 3rd party, as they are at present, but are our own dedicated servers located in the head office of Truck.Net USA.

We hope disruption to the site will be kept to the very minimum, however you may wish to avoid these times

nope sorry thats just not good enough :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WARNING

Although the actual movement of the site is technically very simple… some internet routers may cache the old address for the site.

If you attempt to log onto this site and cannot tomorrow, try clicking on the refresh button while holding down the “Ctrl” button on your keyboard

This should force the routers to refresh their cache.

Got to be good for TruckNet Uk :laughing: :laughing:
And users should notice a difference :slight_smile:
Just shows all the work that goes on behind the scenes, Well done Admin.

Does this mean we will have to color our prose with americanisms like zee not zed ■■? And will the 4th of July henceforth be a bank holiday ■■?

Willy Gofar:
Does this mean we will have to color our prose with americanisms like zee not zed ■■? And will the 4th of July henceforth be a bank holiday ■■?

Luckily not :smiley: :smiley:
We have for a long while been hosted(along with the other Truck.Net sites) by a company in Springfield MO. USA . an arrangement that was satisfactory and the service we recieved from them was always top notch, however sites the size of both the UK and USA Truck.Net eat up huge amounts of bandwidth, which is expensive when you are paying someone else for it.

This way all that needs paying for is the outside line connections (T1) and bandwidth is no longer a cost issue.

It also opens up another revenue stream for our colonial cousins, as now, as well as designing websites for clients they can host them on our own servers

Pity !!!

I was looking forward to an extra day off. :laughing:

Well… the forums seem to have moved… but “The Insider” hasnt made the trip yet, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: be assured folks are working on it :wink: :unamused:

The Insider is now moved… however if you are on cable and having trouble please read this post

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=102788

Between 10 pm and 2 am

After the week that I’ve just had,what made you think I’d have been up then anyway? :laughing: :laughing:

And for those of you that were…I was thinking about you.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Ken.

Has anyone else noticed that the site is running really slow now :question: :confused:

Can it be changed back to the old host :confused:

Rob K:
Has anyone else noticed that the site is running really slow now :question: :confused:

No.

Liberace:

Rob K:

No.

:laughing:

Knew someone would bite… :laughing: :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Has anyone Feng Shue, feng shi… what ever it is, the new site ■■?
Cos I think things would flow better if we all turned our VDU’s to exactly NNE.

Rikki-UK:
We have for a long while been hosted(along with the other Truck.Net sites) by a company in Springfield MO. USA .

were the cheques made out to Homer J Simpson, that might explain a lot, DOH :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: