angus nairn truck show help the heroes

Buycrider:
Here is a link to the Throckmorton Air Show, at which West Mercia Police are hoping that with the aid of the Road Haulage Community, via T&D etc. and the TNUK forum membership, they will raise much needed funds for H4H. whose membership, thanks to ied,s :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: is growing daily.

My --Gift Aided–donation is in the post. Putting me money where me mouth is :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

throckmortonairshow.webs.com Have a look ,it looks like a good day out.

Good post. I have linked it to facebook on my account

I don’t think some of you get it.

i have raised a heck of a lot of money for the trinity hospice, but i have never used it to advertise myself.
the motives are not right for such a decent and worthwile charity.
why advertise your own face and cause on the back of a powerful charity? it is to market for free. it works, but is underhanded, and immoral.

there is a certain female person who did a lot of work for charity, she was all over the papers, then wayhey, she’s in the elections.

so those who say i’m “childish”, no, it’s “realist”.

limeyphil:
I don’t think some of you get it.

i have raised a heck of a lot of money for the trinity hospice, but i have never used it to advertise myself.

so those who say i’m “childish”, no, it’s “realist”.

I think we do all get it and with all your anti Nairn remarks you are helping him to gain his much needed publicity.

My friend has raised many thousands for H4H and is supporting this event by raising thousands

facebook.com/armedforcesday

Anyone has to be admired for raising money for any charity, many do not seek publicity, some do, if you are in the public eye, it is only right that you use your new found fame on TV or in the Media.

No-one has heard of Wheel Nut or Limey Phil, but a celebrity copper, footballer, racing driver, a TV personality or a failed chat show host has more merit to raise the profiles of a worthwhile charity using his contacts or fame.

To be fair the only charity I support is the RNLI as I believe it should be supported by public funds like the Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance Service and Coastguard or any other emergency services.

I say good luck to the bloke.
From what i have seen of him on the telly he seems to do his job, which is catching people breaking the law.

If the Government funded and/or controlled the RNLI then how long would it be before they 1) privatised it, 2) closed it down 3) Restructuered it etc etc etc

somerset bus driver:
If the Government funded and/or controlled the RNLI then how long would it be before they 1) privatised it, 2) closed it down 3) Restructuered it etc etc etc

I said supported by public money , not controlled by a government. Born on the East Coast and having relatives working on Spurn Point I understand the need for a reliable lifeboat service.

Cannot imagine a privatised service, but with blokes like this, the service will continue. He helped saved 300 lives and couldn’t even swim. :wink:
[From 2001]

Brian Bevan MBE is to retire next month after 26 years as superintendent coxswain of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution’s Humber lifeboat station. Brian Bevan is one of the most highly decorated lifeboatmen in the history of the RNLI and has been the subject of the television programme ‘This Is Your Life’.

Brian Bevan has served with lifeboat stations since 1966, joining the Humber lifeboat crew in 1969 and becoming superintendent coxswain in 1975. In his 35 years of service, Brian has been involved in many dramatic rescues. In 1979 he became the only man ever to receive the RNLI’s Gold, Silver and Bronze medals at one presentation, following a series of courageous rescues during the winter of 1978/79.

Coxswain Bevan was presented with a bar to his bronze medal in 1982 for his involvement in the rescue of three people from a listing ship in a blizzard and Storm Force 10 winds. In 1996 he was presented with an Honorary Fellowship of the University of Humberside and then in 1999 he was awarded an MBE by Her Majesty the Queen.

Brian, who reaches 55, the RNLI’s retirement age for all-weather lifeboat crew, on 22 November, says, ‘It will be a sad day for me. The Humber lifeboat station is extremely isolated and, as you are on call 24 hours a day, 6 days a week, your life revolves around the station. It has been a way of life for the last 27 years.’

Due to its remote position at the mouth of the Humber estuary, Humber lifeboat station is the only one of the RNLI’s 224 lifeboat stations with a full-time crew. There are seven houses on Spurn Point in which Coxswain Bevan and the other crew members live with their families. Second Coxswain Bob White, will become superintendent coxswain when he replaces Brian on his retirement.

rnli.org.uk/how_to_support_us

Hmm PC McNasty Top bloke :wink:

… Gozzy you didnt shove ur finger up his snout but he had Eric by the 8alls pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I think we do all get it and with all your anti Nairn remarks you are helping him to gain his much needed publicity.

Ok, that’s a very good point, i’m now saying [zb] all, not a sausage. he will now be refered to as officer dribble. i didn’t even realise i could have been doing him a favour, i’m now going for therapy. :laughing:

nick2008:
Hmm PC McNasty Top bloke :wink:

… Gozzy you didnt shove ur finger up his snout but he had Eric by the 8alls pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i know i missed him fiddling with erics balls, i had eric by the balls later, sloppy seconds i guess :wink:

Lycanthrope:

bobbya:
I don,t beleive this,we love a policeman post it,s usually the other way round,nowt so strange as folk,what next adopt a foreign lorry driver,very fluffy,lovely.

well there was plenty of peoples opinions of what they thought of him, Sadly the admin love him so they deleted it all :unamused:

They didnt delete mine just edited it to suit themselves, I thought this forum was run in the UK a democratic society (yes I know thats questionable!)

why do people wish to knock a guy who is trying to support a charity that is needed
if you wish to knock him then by all means do it else where, let this post alone,
So he can get support to help those who are getting hurt,As for the caustic remarks
if you disagree with what the police are doing to restrict those who disregard the
rules as laid down then you are stupid , I was no angel and when caught it was a fair cop

There are two sides to a story but on this forum only one seems to be allowed. Nothing caustic said just facts that any Scottish logging driver will tell you.

Imp:
There are two sides to a story but on this forum only one seems to be allowed. Nothing caustic said just facts that any Scottish logging driver will tell you.

Someone said you used to ■■■■ the bed, but no one mentions it now you have got older and wiser. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did PC Nairn ever get prosecuted as Haulier Nairn?

Wheel Nut:

Imp:

Someone said you used to ■■■■ the bed, but no one mentions it now you have got older and wiser. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did PC Nairn ever get prosecuted as Haulier Nairn?

Cant answer that on hitlers forum for fear of linch mob LOL

Very popular as the link shows

Imp:
Photo: G934 CSJ | Angus Nairn, Kilmarnock, Scotland. album | Brian Edgar | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

It doesn’t really prove much apart from the silly bugger liked European flags in his window. Did he get prosecuted for it? Did he get prosecuted for anything or is it sour grapes?

I can name half a dozen respectable hauliers who allegedly ran as bent as 9 bob notes. I wont because I cannot prove it.

Imp:
just facts that any Scottish logging driver will tell you.

I think you,d have a job to get those “Scottish logging Drivers”, to back up their comments about Angus Nairn. Most of them didnt have the bottle to put their names to their comments on the link that you quoted. “Anonymous” could well have been one driver being jealous of Angus and his SuperSwede. It was a while ago. That motor may well have been the envy of all those Scottish loggers Zbing about in the woods with 280 hp Dafs. :unamused: If he ran non-kosher at the time , so did most of the rest of us. :blush: :blush: Those times are now referred to as “The Good Old Days”. :laughing: :laughing:

:bulb: :bulb: Imp. Why dont you organise an outing with LimeyPhil, Lycanthrope, and the other members of the “We hate Angus” Club, and get your arses down to Throckmorton Airshow, and confront the man with your reservations about,(a) him personally,(b)the job that he does in his Scanny,and(c) the way in which he does it?? Backed up with the “facts that any Scottish logging driver will tell you”. You can come back from the show, and post a “straight from the horses mouth” report on TNUK. It would make good reading. :wink: :wink:

Forget the personalities involved, that is surely a side issue. The main point of this thread is a worthwhile charity and the fact a person with some minor celebrity is helping raise the profile of that charity should only be seen as a good thing, regardless of who that person is, what they may or may not have done in their past life, what they do now or any other ■■■■ thing. One important subject in this thread, Help For Heroes.

I also fail to see the thinking behind the, “he is going after blokes who are only trying to earn a crust for their family” thing. If I wander down town in a few minutes with a gun in my pocket and then use it to hold up a bank or post office, maybe wounding someone in the process, would the coppers who arrest me for that be the same kind of [zb]'s? I was only doing it to put food on the table and it’s really unfair just because I chose an illegal way instead of doing it the way most people do.

Run legally and any dealings with PC Media ■■■■■ will be brief, run bent, magnets, wires and so forth and you will spend a bit more time in his company, it’s not rocket science.

Angus can have my passenger seat any day :wink: And good luck to him with the charity event !