Angus done well

mickyblue:
Tell me how many pints or drinks that will make it 3 times over the limit? - You wouldn’t know. People act differently when under drink. I once stopped a lady due to her manner of driving. I done the old breath check on her and turns out she was 1 and half over. after having a chat with her it turns out she only had 2 pints of beer 3 hours before I stopped her. Goes to show.

You go on and say,

limeyphil:
He may have driven quite fine with a few beers inside him.
Let’s face it, The drink drive limit is about 1.5 pints of stella, So being two or three times over the limit isn’t exactly hammered.

Which shows you agreeing to drink driving. If i had my way i would make the LAW the same as the Spanish, not even a drop! And then you go on to say,

before the whiter than white pillocks get on their high horses, I don’t agree with drink driving and i don’t drink on a school night, Everyone should be treated as an individual.

I have looked at your little jack the lad post, which is a common post from you. You agree and then disagree. Really I see it as a post to bait a reply, which worked really.

The prick in the video needs locking up. He also needs help with his problem as in no doubt if he had parked up for the night he would of drank himself silly and then cracked on the next morning knowing that he is still over the limit. He has no regards to others around him and to be honest, he wouldn’t care if he hit you in that truck.

I detest drink drivers. I hate them with a passion. Simple really. You drive for a living and your due in to work in 9 hours. Why would you want to drink 5-6 pints before starting work? Unless its in your little world

Your first comment about the women you stopped is exactly my point. Everyone should be treated as an individual. someone 1.5 times over the limit could be a very dangerous driver, someone else could be 1.5 times the limit and be perfectly safe. you may have someone just under the limit and be totally unsafe. breathalisers get a conviction, a sobriety test would prove who is or isn’t safe to drive.
and your comment about spain is incorrect.

tachograph:

mickyblue:
I cannot see what the issue is with me disliking drink drivers?

I don’t have an issue with it, I was just curious about why you would feel so strongly about it that’s all :wink:

The ones who are happy to do it don’t care about anyone around them who are going about there normal business who might be affected by there actions. No time for them at all.

I see bad driving nearly on a daily basis, just like others on this forum. But if I manage to get to point B intact I am happy. Those that drive like dicks will be caught out

Shandy bass is strong enough for me behind the wheel :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There was an East Kilbride HGV driver in court at Dumfries last week caught on the phone and when they stopped him found to be well over the limit. Lost the licence for a year and 100hrs payback order and that was it NO FINE why.They should have took a £1000 of him as well and maybe then the message would get through. Eddie.

erfguy:
There was an East Kilbride HGV driver in court at Dumfries last week caught on the phone and when they stopped him found to be well over the limit. Lost the licence for a year and 100hrs payback order and that was it NO FINE why.They should have took a £1000 of him as well and maybe then the message would get through. Eddie.

How can he pay the fine with no job? That’s how the court sees it.

erfguy:

100 hours of work at 10 quid an hour is equivalent to £1000.

bazza123:
Why do the police say “Yes yes” on their radio instead of affirmative? I don’t think anyone else using a radio professionally would say it :confused:

“Yes Yes” = two syllables and takes half the time to say that “Affirmative” does with four. Besides which, in the good old days before the introduction of Airwave and other modern radio systems it was common to lose the first half second or so of any transmission due to “static” and other noise, so “Affirmative” and “Negative” could become indistinguishable when all you could hear were the last two syllables. “Yes Yes” and “No No” sound completely different even when you can only hear half of what is said.

I am reminded of an incident many years ago when a new (female) operator was working in a police control room not a million miles away from here. One night, one of the mischievous old sweats piped up on the radio and the following conversation ensued:

PC: “Control, can you six inches?”

Control: “Mobile, say again.”

PC: “Control, request you six inches!”

Control: “Unknown mobile, your transmissions broken, please say again.”

PC: “Control, requesting six inches, urgent!”

Control: “I am sorry mobile, I’m only getting six inches, please repeat.”

<Much laughter, countywide>

Of course, such things would be jumped upon from a great height nowadays as being politically incorrect, bullying etc…

Roymondo:

simples:):slight_smile:

Pimpdaddy:

Roymondo:

simples:):slight_smile:

Or a good weeks work on the agency!

chester:
Or a good weeks work on the agency!

Be lucky to find an Agy that pays that much…

Roymondo:

bazza123:
Why do the police say “Yes yes” on their radio instead of affirmative? I don’t think anyone else using a radio professionally would say it :confused:

“Yes Yes” = two syllables and takes half the time to say that “Affirmative” does with four. Besides which, in the good old days before the introduction of Airwave and other modern radio systems it was common to lose the first half second or so of any transmission due to “static” and other noise, so “Affirmative” and “Negative” could become indistinguishable when all you could hear were the last two syllables. “Yes Yes” and “No No” sound completely different even when you can only hear half of what is said.

I am reminded of an incident many years ago when a new (female) operator was working in a police control room not a million miles away from here. One night, one of the mischievous old sweats piped up on the radio and the following conversation ensued:

PC: “Control, can you six inches?”

Control: “Mobile, say again.”

PC: “Control, request you six inches!”

Control: “Unknown mobile, your transmissions broken, please say again.”

PC: “Control, requesting six inches, urgent!”

Control: “I am sorry mobile, I’m only getting six inches, please repeat.”

<Much laughter, countywide>

Of course, such things would be jumped upon from a great height nowadays as being politically incorrect, bullying etc…

I laugh every time I hear this story. A old school bobby told me this :smiley: :smiley:

In 1984 I got breathylised and was just over the limit, I was fined £150 and banned for 12 months.
As a driver it was the worst 12 months of my life, so since then, because its my job I stopped drinking except on special occasions, and after a drink ,even if its only a couple of pints I will not drive car ,nor truck for at least 24 hours.
I don’t know how true it is but I have been told that because I don’t drink on a regular basis my system would clear quicker than someone who drinks say 2 or 3 pints every night.
Because I have gone so long now without drinking I know that 2 pints would make me unfit to drive even though it would probably be under the legal limit. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Personally I don’t have an issue with someone having a few beers on a overnight as log as they’re below the drink drive limit (and more importantly they are not impaired)

I know that whilst i’d be legal having a pint and a half after work then driving I wouldn’t feel right. I know that makes me a lightweight but surely the limit is based on a average person’s impairment. I am not an average drinker and alcohol affects me worse than most so legal or not I still wouldn’t drive.

I’ve just watched this episode on youtube and the numpty they caught didn’t seem t give a monkey’s that he could of killed someone, been caught drunk at the wheel, broken the law, lose his licence, lost his job, lost his dignity and if they’ve got any sense lost his family and friends. IMHO he ought to get banged up and a lifetime ban from driving (anything)

What an absolute backside of a man

Retired Old ■■■■:
I seem to remember reading that Angus was once an HGV driver himself before going over to the dark side.

Note illegal obstruction of windscreen. :wink:

With the new law regarding tailgating and middle lane hogging, I expect Angus will be booking as many as he can to gain his brownie points,
The problem with this new law is, If you leave a reasonable braking space some [zb] will pinch it, so you drop back a bit more and some other [zb] pinches that space, so after about 3 or 4 times doing this you tend to say sod it and keep your foot down .

rocky 7:
With the new law regarding tailgating and middle lane hogging, I expect Angus will be booking as many as he can to gain his brownie points,
The problem with this new law is, If you leave a reasonable braking space some [zb] will pinch it, so you drop back a bit more and some other [zb] pinches that space, so after about 3 or 4 times doing this you tend to say sod it and keep your foot down .

+1

Get’s to the point when you might as well do 30mph if your doing that :smiley: :smiley:

Haven’t watched the YouTube clip but i seem to remember from the programme, at the police station, when he was asked his occupation he said, “I was a HGV driver”.

Long may it stay in the past tense too.

Harry Monk:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I seem to remember reading that Angus was once an HGV driver himself before going over to the dark side.

Note illegal obstruction of windscreen. :wink:

Is it just me or is Kilmarnock spelt wrong on his sunvisor. Looks like Kilnarnock to me!:?

I thought it spelt Pillock ? :wink:

ajt:
I thought it spelt Pillock ? :wink:

No its bollock :wink: