Anglo Danish Food Transport

Taken from the internet

image.jpg

ako444:
Their yard in Grimsby on Estate Rd 2 is run by Quayside Distribution now. I’ve done some agency work out of there recently and it’s sad to see the old garages derilict and the drivers rest room used to store junk. That rest room was where I would sit quietly and listen to my dad and the likes of Albert Goodard,Dennis Newcombe, Bob Flatman, billy Abel, and many others tell their stories. Does anybody remember Mo Stringfellow? He died in a smash in the early 80’s. He was a good bloke, think a tipper stopped in front of him on the M62 roadworks and he ran up the back of it in a day cab ERF B series, killed him outright if I remember right… I was only a kid so I may have it a bit wrong.

Was talking to Dennis Newcomb in august last time Isaw him was about 25 years ago

A couple of Anglo Danish I have taken from a magazine article from a number of years ago. I wonder how many faces can be recognised.

Turned it, hope its ok.
Regards John.

Scan0001.jpg

YES THANKS JOHN

robert1952:

That must have been an absolute pig to reverse - particularly without power steering!

John

Is that Leyland equipped with a hydraulic sliding 5th wheel or what? I’m familiar with the regular sliders but I’ll admit I’ve never come across one of those, if indeed that’s what it is.

Got a forklift on it ? Think they had a few of them at Grimsby