Anglian Water

I’ve used the search function and read what is on here about it but does anyone have any recent experience of working for them or doing a similar job?

It’s on the ‘liquid sludge’ side, which I guess mean ■■■■.

I’ve seen what the pay offer is just wondering the sort of hours they do, what there like to work for and any general info on vacuum tanks.

I’ve applied for nights btw

Bump incase it’s been missed.

Surely someone has worked there.

All i know is they are always advertising, make of that what you will :slight_smile:

I had an interview at Basildon last year, was told that you are paid the basic rate for 39 hours a week then overtime rate. At the time drivers were on average working 45 hours a week.
They train you on all the different type of trucks they have from skips to tankers. I cant tell you what they are like to work for because I wasnt offered the job,but sounds a good number if you don`t wont long hours.

I don’t want long hours but was expecting more like 50 a week rather than 39 lol.

Thanks for the info.

no prob,Yeah I was a bit shocked at the 39 hrs lol, but that may have changed.

I’ve got an interview so we’ll see what the craic is.

Where is it based?

The one I applied for was a split base of Peterborough and Wellingborough, I’m hoping it’s more Peterborough than Wellingborough though lol

Never been to Wellingborough but been to AW sites all over from Grimsby to Ipswich, staff aways seemed happy enough

I knew a lad years ago worked for them, was the husband of one of my wife’s mates.
They tried to promote from within, because of the complexity of their tankers, pumps etc they found that if they recruited drivers they invariably didn’t stay because they were almost always operators of the plant on the back of the chassis rather than drivers of the vehicles and it almost always wasn’t everyones cup of tea.

How did you get on at interview I’ve been asked to go for one also wondered if you could give us an insight ?