Angersome!!

“Must have held license for a minimum of 2 years, but only 6 months experience essential.”

How do the insurance companies explain that one :open_mouth:

Your age?

Insurance companies used to just refuse to touch people under 25 but they got warned about that… back door refusal (affecting me a bit as well and I am 45)

Are both criteria due to the insurance company or could the 6 months be company policy?

My age isn’t anything to do with it as it was on the advert itself and it also said “to meet insurance criteria”. Point is, what’s the use in needing to hold in for 2 years with it doing nothing for 1 year and 6 months when you need the other 6 months for experience… Pathetic.

Sam Millar:
My age isn’t anything to do with it as it was on the advert itself and it also said “to meet insurance criteria”. Point is, what’s the use in needing to hold in for 2 years with it doing nothing for 1 year and 6 months when you need the other 6 months for experience… Pathetic.

I can well see your thinking here, Sam.
However, I think it is to weed-out people who have just ‘sat on’ their licence for two years and not done any driving in that time.
Alan

OnlyAlan:

Sam Millar:

However, I think it is to weed-out people who have just ‘sat on’ their licence for two years and not done any driving in that time.
Alan

I don’t think you get the point i’m trying to make yet :stuck_out_tongue:

There is absolutely no point (in insurance terms) for you needing to hold your license for 2 years when you only need 6 months experience, one makes the other irrelevant. If you only need 6 months period then why would you need to hold it for 2 years, ‘sitting on’ it or not? :imp:

Sam :laughing:

You have to remember that people who wear suits are paid to dream up idiotic rules… the fact that there is no logic in these rules is neither here nor there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sam Millar:
“Must have held license for a minimum of 2 years, but only 6 months experience essential.”

That is unusual, could the advert have meant that you must have held a license for 2 years and have 6 months experience in the particular field of transport the job was for, what I mean is if it was fridge work for instance they may be asking for 6 months experience on fridges but still want you to have held a license for 2 years for insurance purposes.

tachograph:

Sam Millar:

That is unusual, could the advert have meant that you must have held a license for 2 years and have 6 months experience in the particular field of transport the job was for, what I mean is if it was fridge work for instance they may be asking for 6 months experience on fridges but still want you to have held a license for 2 years for insurance purposes.

Quite possibly but if so it wasn’t made very clear. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sam Millar:

OnlyAlan:

Sam Millar:

Alan

I don’t think you get the point i’m trying to make yet :stuck_out_tongue:

There is absolutely no point (in insurance terms) for you needing to hold your license for 2 years when you only need 6 months experience, one makes the other irrelevant. If you only need 6 months period then why would you need to hold it for 2 years, ‘sitting on’ it or not? :imp:

Sam :laughing:

Was this job advertised by an agency by any chance? If so, could it be that the agency carries Driver Negligence insurance cover that requires 2 years of holding a licence (ADR Network tell me they do, for example), whilst the employer is looking for 6 months minimum driving experience?
Whilst I haven’t personally encountered this scenario I can well accept that it exists, but my views on agencies are like most on here - unnecessary parasites on our industry.

If it was posted by an agency, the job probably doesn’t exist anyway … :laughing: