Android Nav Apps

Getting a Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet off the missus for Christmas. 8".

Any suggestions for a decent navigation app (truck specific) that’ll run offline, as I’m getting the wifi only version?

Don’t want to pay megabucks, but I’m fully aware that you only get what you pay for.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

I use, in conjunction with google maps/ and old skool Phillips atlas, copilot from ALK Technologies. Sometimes there are holes in the data base that require looking for on google maps, say 1 in 20 addresses (that’s a guess because I have never kept a record but it can’t be any worse than any other sat nav), and you can’t beat the reliability of a good UK wide truck base atlas for route planning.

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ruck&hl=en

Despite saying Europe on the logo it’s actually UK + Ireland.

Sygic truck map, i use it and this one is free :wink: the one off google play isnt.

mobilephonetalk.com/showthre … ll-Android
download it to your tablet and disconnect it tablet from internet , install it reconnect to internet, job done.
bit fiddly at first but you will soon get used to it.

Not sure if it’s available on Andoid, but have a look at iGo truck if it is. It’s miles better than I expected it to be (I have it on the nav I bought for 95 quid), I was shocked that it knocked spots off my 300 quid Snooper…loads of info including places off each junction of motorways and major routes…

You’ll love the Galaxy tab btw…I’ve got the 10.1 inch tab and compare to my missus’ ipad that spends most of it’s time going wrong and going back to Apple, it’s superb. :sunglasses:

Thanks for all your help folks

gezt:
Sygic truck map, i use it and this one is free :wink: the one off google play isnt.

mobilephonetalk.com/showthre … ll-Android
download it to your tablet and disconnect it tablet from internet , install it reconnect to internet, job done.
bit fiddly at first but you will soon get used to it.

do you need a rooted device to get it working free

dont think so, just make sure its off internet before installing it. :wink: then it should work

I did a similar thing with Photoshop once. Worked (and still does) a treat from the off

Now in possesion of my tablet. Had a look at the above link. Is it really as complicated as it looks to install that Sygic thing?

I think copilot truck navigation is about £80 but dunno how good it is :confused:

PaulNowak:
Now in possesion of my tablet. Had a look at the above link. Is it really as complicated as it looks to install that Sygic thing?

i just went to link and downloaded it onto pc then transferred file onto the tablet, was easy enough i thought.

I go to those links and all I ever get is ad sites come up which want to put a load of rubbish on your pc. Why are there no direct links to the nav software?

says no ads on here. worked easy enough for me.

I’m talking about the links to the downloads, not the mobile phone site that’s hosting.

mikeshe:
I’m talking about the links to the downloads, not the mobile phone site that’s hosting.

seems the site has been altered since i last used the links.not sure if a copy of my files would work on your tablet tho.
do you live anywhere near me.

No, I’m down in Southampton.

ok sorry bit to far. :frowning:

Buggered if I can get my head around this, thought I was reasonably intelligent

having a similar prob getting around mapfactor navigation, ok to use but downloaded the tomtom part (paid £34 for it) and not easy to put poi and speedcams on.
dont know if you had a copy of my sygic whether it would work on your tablet or not.

gezt:
having a similar prob getting around mapfactor navigation, ok to use but downloaded the tomtom part (paid £34 for it) and not easy to put poi and speedcams on.
dont know if you had a copy of my sygic whether it would work on your tablet or not.

My ancestors were Polish, and usually drunk

But I could understand what they said, lol

Looks like I have to suffer my crap Navman with truckmode, or buy again, doesn’t it?