Andover Parking

Doing a rare night out on Monday night, having to drop my trailer overnight to be loaded, so looking for places to park unit only, as close to the West Portway Industrial estate as possible. Will be parking up 3-4pm latest.

Any suggestions is appreciated :slight_smile:

neilp1982:
Doing a rare night out on Monday night, having to drop my trailer overnight to be loaded, so looking for places to park unit only, as close to the West Portway Industrial estate as possible. Will be parking up 3-4pm latest.

How about that estate its self :wink:
head towards the bend and there’s a close to the left and a cut through to McDs and harvester also shell garage other side
where you tipping ? if Britax then stay in car park

Arriving empty for a load, dropping trailer at Howard Tenens overnight, wasn’t too sure if there was any parking restrictions on the estate, hence me checking just to make sure :smiley:

neilp1982:
Arriving empty for a load, dropping trailer at Howard Tenens overnight, wasn’t too sure if there was any parking restrictions on the estate, hence me checking just to make sure :smiley:

None on there but come out of HT and come down the bottom near Trad scaffolding you’ll be ok
also west portway is one big loop so easy to get back to HT and when you come out take the L/h turn just passed Trad then turn Left on to A342 and it will take you back to big round about with A303

Great stuff, thanking you kindly good sir!

The sandwich van opposite Trad is good too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

blue estate:

neilp1982:

How about that estate its self :wink:
head towards the bend and there’s a close to the left and a cut through to McDs and harvester also shell garage other side
where you tipping ? if Britax then stay in car park

This ^^. Don’t think there’s any yellow lines either .

Put Joule road into your sat nav. One of them Premier inn with attached foodie pub there.

the maoster:
Put Joule road into your sat nav. One of them Premier inn with attached foodie pub there.

Sounds like the top end of the Portway ind est .

Solstice services is not far to go heading west on the A303, free parking by the fuel station.
If it is full up, with EE trucks on a 45 hour rest, head to Muller Wiseman, and park on the road, no problems there as ambo station there too.
Plus TJ Morris Rdc is 24 hour activities.
You have Pizza Hut, McDonald, Toby carvery, Harvester,KFC, Co op shop and Costa.
A short walk to Amesbury for more restaurants/takeaway.

I would be intrigued to know the answer to this, I went into the middle of Andover on Wednesday 27th of December on my recent UK trip and it seemed to cramped and tiny with small car parks and I don’t remember seeing any reasonable service areas with much parking room.

I have actually parked overnight in Howard Tenens, quiet enough, access to toilets and a kettle and you don’t have to worry about your diesel! Otherwise park outside Ken Whites Joule Road, there is a McDs on the corner, KW have CCTV and I think a security guard, but you will be jostling with the EEs who will be tipping at KW!

Pat Hasler:
I would be intrigued to know the answer to this, I went into the middle of Andover on Wednesday 27th of December on my recent UK trip and it seemed to cramped and tiny with small car parks and I don’t remember seeing any reasonable service areas with much parking room.

Centre of andover is rubbish for hgv access and parking Pat nearest other parking would be Walworth ind estate. That’s about a 5/10min walk fron the town itself plenty of room over there though and not far away from pub

Joule road behind the Euronics warehouse or Royce close just off macadam way, near to McDonald’s and the premier inn. There is a new pub/restaurant just a short walk across the A303.

Bit further away but used to park at the top of west way on the picket piece industrial estate, no facilities though.

Thanks for the help and advice guys, I think parking in HT’s is a good option, then have a walk down to Brewers Fayre or Maccys, much appreciated all!

How many years out of date am I if I remember Gill’s Cafe at Andover and another at Amesbury whose name I can’t recall?

Walworth industrial estate, easy parking and quiet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk