Anderson leads

Has anybody else forgotten to take the Anderson lead from the back of the unit and have people waving at you madly to tell you - I have :blush:
Luckily it still worked otherwise I would have been a bit screwed for the rest of my drops :blush:

Yep done that about three years ago, only never had anyone notice until I did when I made a sharp right turn just after leaving a delivery, it was the cowbell type of connector and the leads pulled out with a bang leaving burn marks on the end of the cables and connector :open_mouth:

No other damage done and luckily I was going back to base so it didn’t make any difference to my run :smiley:

tachograph:
Yep done that about three years ago, only never had anyone notice until I did when I made a sharp right turn just after leaving a delivery, it was the cowbell type of connector and the leads pulled out with a bang leaving burn marks on the end of the cables and connector :open_mouth:

No other damage done and luckily I was going back to base so it didn’t make any difference to my run :smiley:

no i’ve never done it but i’ve always wondered why they call them cowbell connectors?

i think weve all done it
cowbells are so called cos they resemble mmm cow bells
i always reckon if using cowbells you want an Anderson connector in line as a weak point
so at least if you forget its only a minor problem when the lead breaks

have you never seen a proper cowbell?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_bell

more cowbell?

as someone who uses tail lifts every day
the best bit of advice i can give is get into the habit of walking up the N/S of the trailer
when you have finished operating the tail lift at the drop or a gatehouse.

once you get into this habit it becomes second nature to take the anderson out :wink:

We used military screwtype 2 pole plugs and sockets with a curly lead, they could be left connected while driving

hitch:
cowbells are so called cos they resemble mmm cow bells

looks nothing like a cowbell,
i’ve even tried dangling one around my neck and i can’t get them to make a dong sound.