Anderson lead - power inverter

Hi all,

I have got an anderson lead in my cab and i want to hook up a power inverter to it. Can any one let me know what connector i will need?

Thanks in advance

You have an Anderson lead already fitted?? Directly from the battery into the cab??

If so just get the opposite connection to it…female/male coupling and wire that up to your inverter and away you go.

Yes, the lead was already fitted when I got the truck. Will the opposite end of the lead need to be doctored in any way or will i be able to just connect it straight to the inverter?

You have the Anderson lead direct to the cab then get your garage if you have one,to fit the corresponding adaptor i.e. From male to female to your inverter then job done and away you go,what size inverter do you have? And what do you plan to use it for■■?

I would recommend that prior to plugging anything into the Anderson lead you check how it has been wired first.it may be wired 12v or 24v
if your inverter is a different one to how its wired then it will either furrbar it or it will not work :bulb:

An Anderson connector is not male or female they are all the same ,the only thing you have to check is that the cables have been fitted in to the plastic Anderson connector as per labeled on the moulding so no to get polarity wrong,to ask for a male or female Anderson plug is like asking for diesel spark plugs !

aderson.JPG

Thetaff2:
You have the Anderson lead direct to the cab then get your garage if you have one,to fit the corresponding adaptor i.e. From male to female to your inverter then job done and away you go,what size inverter do you have? And what do you plan to use it for■■?

A tv, freeview box (maybe) and a kettle and toaster. What size do you recommend?

I fitted one to inverter but also fitted an inline fuse so it would not damage the inverter or the equipment used through it when you start your engine.

Jeez guys :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Be careful with this sort of equipment as for some unknown reason, some of these Anderson leads are not fused and there is a lot of current that will go through this sized cable.