And you thought truck driving was badly paid!

I’m sure Argos will be swamped with applications…argoscareers.com/applicant/ … 87&id=7676

And if it was in polish not English be even more apply lol

Minimum wage for van drivers & 7.5t.

Which bit of the ad do you have your difficulty with?

I’m not only sure that Argos will be swamped with applications, I’m damned sure that they will be swamped with applications.

Could be worse, where i used to work, removal guys (non drivers) get paid £50 a day usually between 10-12 hours and very hard graft at that.
No shortage of lads willing to do it either! :open_mouth:

I used to order pick for Argos in the back of the store 12+ yrs ago & I was on over £7.50/hr…

counter staff get more than that.

I thought minimum wage for someone old enough to have a driving licence was £6.50ph? :confused:

Here you go - taken from: gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

In three years its gone up 38p an hour, makes you glad your not a banker eh? :imp:

And drivers shall now be called Customer Fulfilment Assistants … FFS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pimpdaddy:
I used to order pick for Argos in the back of the store 12+ yrs ago & I was on over £7.50/hr…

IF your picking truck or whatever they use said scania onit u would still be working at argos :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seth 70:
IF your picking truck or whatever they use said scania onit u would still be working at argos :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Better off working in the store than driving their trucks, Argos not doing do well anymore but hey they can still afford Scanias (or maybe it’s wincanton).

Buy one get one free ,thats why stobarts and jenks have just got a ■■■■ load ,its to get rid of old stock ,thats why they have done up 50 of the last 4 series and ask daft money , :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Apprentice? £2.68 an hour? FFS! Thats why no one wants to be one or am I wrong?

I think we’re definitely winning the race to the bottom with crap like this. Is it any wonder SOME may be disillusioned? But then some on here would say they should be grateful.

Ah that explains why their seems to be so many apprenticeships on offer which are nothing to do with recognised trades,shop assistants,receptionists,etc.

30 odd years ago it was known as the job creation scheme , where as youngsters would be paid peanuts to teararse about doing anything and everything in the mistaken belief that at the end of a 6 month stint they would be offered a “proper” job. sadly they found out that after 6 months they went down the road and a fresh batch of hopefuls took their place . some things never change :frowning:

Compare that to Fowler Welch offering £7 for class 1 work or Freshlinkski offerring £6.70 for class 1. Makes Argos look a better deal

teflon:
Ah that explains why their seems to be so many apprenticeships on offer which are nothing to do with recognised trades,shop assistants,receptionists,etc.

Gotta compete with the migrants…

fredthered:

I think we’re definitely winning the race to the bottom with crap like this. Is it any wonder SOME may be disillusioned? But then some on here would say they should be grateful.

Do youngsters have to take out “commuter loans” to get to work because they don’t earn enough to get there otherwise?

Getting in debt over commuting let alone getting established in a house etc. is a horror of our modern age. :frowning:

Winseer:

fredthered:

Do youngsters have to take out “commuter loans” to get to work because they don’t earn enough to get there otherwise?

Getting in debt over commuting let alone getting established in a house etc. is a horror of our modern age. :frowning:

Its what annoys me when you hear posh brats moaning about students loans, apprentices have been paying for their training for years, if fact probably since apprentiships started, by virtue off the crap wages whilst undertaking the apprentiship, and some off the apprentaships being offered nowadays are just replacements for the comic degree coarses off a decade or so ago, that have obviously fell by the way side now that posh brats have to pay for Uni.

When I was a labourer on the roofs we had a couple off apprentices at our firm, same age as me but on about half the money but doing the same work by and large, apart from odd day release for college.