And you think the Uk has screwdrivers

facebook.com/michael.meisne … 318140644/ dear lord…its ok ,its ok………the guy helping is a better man than me, I would have walked away nowadays,Ive helped plenty over the years but the “new” drivers just don’t appreciate it or has my patience just worn thin… ie I came across a driver from the same continent as this one in the middle of a small truckstop changing filters (I had to wait till mid morning to load the next day ) so after a while I wandered over and fme he had the fuelx2 off and losened the oil filter ! I asked why ? and he said his boss told him to change the filters when at a certain millage …now after only doing one yr as a apprentice in 76 I knew he had a problem. :smiley: ,he was going to dump the engine oil in the middle of the park!!!,on asking how much he had to put in 2x4.5ltrs ffs .I told him he needed another 20ltr at least ….no money says he ……he then says he has never done this before please help . I retighten the oil filter and ask for the new fuel filters …ohh I just emptied them out …so I went to my motor got a gallon off fuel conditioner filled the old/new filters put them ,on cracked a pipe with him watching every move LLOL hehe asked him to fire her up …dear lord I thought the head was coming off with the bang it made, left it running and walked him to the restaurant and made him pay for my brekie……I go back to truck for money you stay here says he nope says I your wallets in your pocket pay the lady …cheekie bugger saved him a huge fine (engine oil ) and a callout from a garage and he grudged me $20 breakfast.

just noticed its a yard dog driver helping at an XPO yard.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Was it at a Kellogg’s plant and he’d just got his box top ?

I have always tried to help new drivers and appreciated the help I got from many experienced drivers when I started, but he was hard work the bloke has a patience of a saint. :smiley:

When I was born it wasnt out of the side locker of a foden and no doubt I did the heads in of the old timers who I was constantly bothering with “stupid question”. Now I’m the old timer and these kids are constantly asking ME stupid questions. I smile a little inside and try to think if I’d of asked that back in the day. Then I hate them for making me feel old. ■■■■■■■■■

Ps, nice flip flops.

Must not mention his footwear, don’t look, just don’t look…

Nite Owl:
When I was born it wasnt out of the side locker of a foden and no doubt I did the heads in of the old timers who I was constantly bothering with “stupid question”. Now I’m the old timer and these kids are constantly asking ME stupid questions. I smile a little inside and try to think if I’d of asked that back in the day. Then I hate them for making me feel old. [zb]!

Ps, nice flip flops.

Was this you

JIMBO47:
https://www.facebook.com/michael.meisner.520/videos/2285497318140644/ dear lord…its ok ,its ok………the guy helping is a better man than me, I would have walked away nowadays,Ive helped plenty over the years but the “new” drivers just don’t appreciate it or has my patience just worn thin… ie I came across a driver from the same continent as this one in the middle of a small truckstop changing filters (I had to wait till mid morning to load the next day ) so after a while I wandered over and fme he had the fuelx2 off and losened the oil filter ! I asked why ? and he said his boss told him to change the filters when at a certain millage …now after only doing one yr as a apprentice in 76 I knew he had a problem. :smiley: ,he was going to dump the engine oil in the middle of the park!!!,on asking how much he had to put in 2x4.5ltrs ffs .I told him he needed another 20ltr at least ….no money says he ……he then says he has never done this before please help . I retighten the oil filter and ask for the new fuel filters …ohh I just emptied them out …so I went to my motor got a gallon off fuel conditioner filled the old/new filters put them ,on cracked a pipe with him watching every move LLOL hehe asked him to fire her up …dear lord I thought the head was coming off with the bang it made, left it running and walked him to the restaurant and made him pay for my brekie……I go back to truck for money you stay here says he nope says I your wallets in your pocket pay the lady …cheekie bugger saved him a huge fine (engine oil ) and a callout from a garage and he grudged me $20 breakfast.

Thats NMM learning how to hook and split a pair of pikes behind the QE2 , surely :laughing: . Happy NY Jimbo

What had the newbie done wrong in the video apart from not knowing how to release the pin when it’s jammed?

I wouldn’t have known either on my first day, they don’t teach you that stuff.

rob22888:
What had the newbie done wrong in the video apart from not knowing how to release the pin when it’s jammed?

I wouldn’t have known either on my first day, they don’t teach you that stuff.

In all fairness mate, that lad looks to be operating on a very low wattage.

Flip flops and a gormless expression don’t help any either, but as you rightly point out, very little technical and practical advice is dispensed during training. A trailer partially loaded that you drop in a straight line five feet behind your unit on perfect tarmac/concrete is hardly going to teach you much about jammed pins, low/high range leg winding and uneven/cambered/potholed yards.

Why cant we just help out a new comer. We are not born with years of experience.

It seems the dress sense of these mongs knows no boundaries.