And today’s lesson is

How to cause your insurance company a headache…
7 HGVs all managed to crash into each other :unamused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not hard is it…

And another transporter full of Land Rovers involved…

It’s possible…

That there was some tail-gating going on before this occured.

Not surprised to see a car transporter involved, they tend to make Irish fridges look carefully driven.

A whole line of lane 2 heros. Classic.

The Department for Transport is pleased to announce the successful conclusion of stage one of its platooning trials.

“We’ve linked the trucks up,” a spokesman said. “Now all we’ve got to do is get them apart again.”

looks like a few missed booking slots and someones tea getting fed to the dog later.
no doubt lane 3 will get shut asap to make a complete mountain out of a molehill hash of it as soon as the first womble waddles along.
apart from the initial shunt,then its looking like speed limiters and cruise control to blame again.
i wouldnt want to be driving a transporter today full of land rovers as thats 2 now and were all waiting on the third one to pop up. :slight_smile:

GasGas:
The Department for Transport is pleased to announce the successful conclusion of stage one of its platooning trials.

“We’ve linked the trucks up,” a spokesman said. “Now all we’ve got to do is get them apart again.”

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:
looks like a few missed booking slots and someones tea getting fed to the dog later.
no doubt lane 3 will get shut asap to make a complete mountain out of a molehill hash of it as soon as the first womble waddles along.
apart from the initial shunt,then its looking like speed limiters and cruise control to blame again.
i wouldnt want to be driving a transporter today full of land rovers as thats 2 now and were all waiting on the third one to pop up. :slight_smile:

Weren’t JLR going on a 3-day-week to let demand catch up with supply?

…this must sound very old-fashioned but I recall a time when transporter drivers were pretty much the best on the road, and rewarded accordingly with the equivalent of a middle-manager’s salary because of the value of the load and the care that had to be taken with it.

Trasporters rates recently dropped …
Tailgaiting idiots !

The transporter looked pretty smashed up, probably the worst of the lot when I passed it northbound. Dashboard near enough to the seat.

Air ambulance on scene too.

Who ever is at fault, lets hope he/she is ok.

The others didn’t look to bad. Dented, smashed screens and the such.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

mabey they will bring in that skid testing truck from the other thread and see if it can accomodate in cab underpants as well as the road surface?

GasGas:

dieseldog999:

Weren’t JLR going on a 3-day-week to let demand catch up with supply?

…this must sound very old-fashioned but I recall a time when transporter drivers were pretty much the best on the road, and rewarded accordingly with the equivalent of a middle-manager’s salary because of the value of the load and the care that had to be taken with it.

castle brom are on a 3 day week, us at solihull have been stood down this week and next.

Doesn’t do much for the theory of platooning

Aurri:
Doesn’t do much for the theory of platooning

Yup, looks like the typical result anyone with an ounce of sense would expect.

some trucks’ brakes are clearly better than others…

GasGas:

Or some AEBS more trigger-happy than others

GasGas:

I would expect driver reactions and the weight or lack of load would be a bigger difference than the brake performance

Ha, I think you may find there are a few a fault. :wink:

jakethesnake:

Ha, I think you may find there are a few a fault. :wink:

Ironically the person that caused all the chaos is the only one not at fault assuming the one at the front slammed on and the domino effect happened,it’s not illegal to brake harshly :slight_smile:

kcrussell25:

GasGas:
[/quote]
I would expect driver reactions and the weight or lack of load would be a bigger difference than the brake performance
[/quote]

All trucks these days have more than adequate brakes. If the so called drivers kept a proper didtance from the vehicle in front they could have all stopped safely whether loaded or otherwise.

Quite simple really. :unamused: