And they rave about tramping

Drift:
Off to sniff an empty bottle in my shed :cry:

LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drift:

Talking of beer break up Tuesday for 2 weeks off to London for 6 days then Yorkshire for 3 days for my good ladys birthday beer champagne wine for 2 weeks
Oops sorry Mr drift :blush: :grimacing:

Surely they pay a minimum of 8hrs on sat?
2hrs even at £19 a hour is still hardly worth it…

tango boy:

Drift:
Honest, its my second weekend dry, I did nearly caved in last night though, foot down Fridays are just not the same when there is nothing to race home for…except a bit of nagging :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing worse than being in the moan zone mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What is worse than a nagging wife

A nagging daughter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh & I have some nice red here & a couple bottles of malt :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

Drift:

LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not convinced he meant the sniff thing :wink:

I’ve given up tramping. Be home every night from now on.

isaac hunt:

Radar19:

isaac hunt:
Surely you had 3 hours on break during the day meaning you only needed 9 at the services

Isn’t it 3 hours continous break?

Yes, dozy says he was waiting from 0930 to 1800.

Should have sat for another 30 and got a 9 in :wink:

Drift:
I have just remembered why I have not been on any nights out, I was off for two weeks :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

me too,but then I don’t do nights out so that might explain it, lol

the maoster:
Do you not get a minimum guarantee for a Saturday Dozy?

Been put on mon- fri tramping now ,so sat running in is classed as o/t for me,and you only get paid hours you do moaster,so 2 hrs at sat rate ,think it’s £9 ish p.h on a sat ,didn’t think I would ever work on a sat for £18 ish pounds :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :twisted.
Planner was very apologetic but said I was now delivering to building sites so it would happen even though they don’t plan for it ,and it wasn’t good but company policy was to pay you hours you do on 0/t ,so I would be getting 2 hrs pay and that’s your lot :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Radar19:
Thats not tramping friend, thats called a night out.

Done all week out radar ,tramping mon- fri now

isaac hunt:
Surely you had 3 hours on break during the day meaning you only needed 9 at the services

No i got a bollocking for booking 2 hrs break the other day ( couldn’t go back to cab as site wouldn’t let me ) ,said its 50 mins max then poa ,mate said they also won’t pay 3 hrs of split rest and to be honest I didn’t think they’d take 8 + hrs to tip a few bits of concrete ( but these building sites are a rule to themselves .
Said to rigger I’m going to end up on night out ifbyou don’t get a move on ,him and his mates just laughed and said I could night out there ( a bloody building site no less :unamused: ) as if 8 + hrs wasn’t enough for me of that place :unamused:

ckm1981:
Surely they pay a minimum of 8hrs on sat?
2hrs even at £19 a hour is still hardly worth it…

No they don’t ,if you do a hour you get one hour ,I’m mon- fri now ,so sat / sun is classed as o/t shifts ,I got 2 hrs pay as that’s how long it took from services to depot .
Planner had already told me that ,apologised but said that’s the rules ,so you’ll just get paid from 7a.m - 9a.m :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
11 hrs at todington serv and 2 hrs home for £19 :exclamation: ,oh he did saying I’d get £22.50 night out money and my parking paid :unamused: :unamused:

nick2008:

isaac hunt:

Radar19:

isaac hunt:

Isn’t it 3 hours continous break?

Yes, dozy says he was waiting from 0930 to 1800.

Should have sat for another 30 and got a 9 in :wink:

Can’t get 9 hrs in as a truck gets tipped you have to keep moving round siteuntil it’s youre turn

Themoocher:
I don’t mind running in on sat morning if it’s going be a late one on the Friday.

30 or 40 for overtime plus night out money.

In house for 8 or 9am on sat morning.

4 nights a week is enough for me ,I’d done 70 + hrs ,I just wanted to go home fri night ,knowing I had to spend 11 hrs in a services ( or any hours to be honest ) made me feel sick ,if it wasn’t my mate talking sense into me I’d of pulled the bloody card and drove the 2 hrs home .
I just can’t believe trAmpers would rather spend a night in services ( than at home ) on a fri night .
All my reasons years ago for comming off tramping are comming back with a vengeance :frowning:

Hahahahaha. :laughing:

A few months ago you were moaning like a ■■■■■ about having to do 8 hours a day. Now you’re doing 70+ hours a week and sleeping in puddles of ■■■■ on a Friday night?

Comedy gold.

Why isn’t that your username yet?

Denis?

Contraflow:
Hahahahaha. :laughing:

A few months ago you were moaning like a ■■■■■ about having to do 8 hours a day. Now you’re doing 70+ hours a week and sleeping in puddles of ■■■■ on a Friday night?

Comedy gold.

Why isn’t that your username yet?

Denis?

another week of this ■■■■ and my user name will be ex - driver ,divorced one at that :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
What ■■■■■■ me off most is out of the 7 of us on this work ,6 are happily at home with there family ,the other one no-body appears to give a ■■■■ about :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: goodnight :exclamation:

Last week he post
Re: Manual entries errors.
Postby dozy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Lot of drivers don’t bother with manual entries as early morning / tired it’s easy to make a mistake with mode or date etc ,just easier to bung it in and drive .
Also if you’ve had 2/3 hrs waiting for truck then then put manual entry in ,you’ve only then got 12/13 hrs to do your 15 hrs worth of work in ,so may end up on night out ,not good if your day / night driver as you’ll have no night out gear on you ,best to just bung it in when you get truck ,then you’ve got 15 hrs to do 15 hrs of work in .
Don’t loose money though ,bung any hours over 15 on a short day ,t.o should be fine with it
dozy

Andrejs:
Last week he post
Re: Manual entries errors.
Postby dozy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Lot of drivers don’t bother with manual entries as early morning / tired it’s easy to make a mistake with mode or date etc ,just easier to bung it in and drive .
Also if you’ve had 2/3 hrs waiting for truck then then put manual entry in ,you’ve only then got 12/13 hrs to do your 15 hrs worth of work in ,so may end up on night out ,not good if your day / night driver as you’ll have no night out gear on you ,best to just bung it in when you get truck ,then you’ve got 15 hrs to do 15 hrs of work in .
Don’t loose money though ,bung any hours over 15 on a short day ,t.o should be fine with it
dozy

It’s not a night out ,I’ve been out all week ,I didn’t have to wait for it ,I slept in it mon / tues / Wed/ Thursday and bloody fri night .
I was rang last week and told as of the 7th I was tramping mon- fri ,not days tues - sat ,no more tesco ,general ,fridges , now flats .
I don’t have to wait for a truck any more as I have my own ( it stands other than holidays )

Dozy. The biggest moan on this site.

dozy:
company policy was to pay you hours you do on 0/t ,so I would be getting 2 hrs pay and that’s your lot :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Another mug who works a shift and doesn`t get 8hrs (min) pay, and people have the cheek to slate agency driver pay :unamused: