And the shenanigans continue

So today the Met are asking that Sue Gray take the juicy stuff out of her report before publication so it will not “prejudice” their investigation!

They overlook the fact that had they started an investigation when they really should have there would not have been a Simon Case/Sue Gray report. And now doubt is cast over whether she will publish her report at all before the Met investigation is completed. Which could be weeks, months or years away. How is this possible in Britain?

Boris fans still think he is wonderful?

Dipster:
So today the Met are asking that Sue Gray take the juicy stuff out of her report before publication so it will not “prejudice” their investigation!

They overlook the fact that had they started an investigation when they really should have there would not have been a Simon Case/Sue Gray report. And now doubt is cast over whether she will publish her report at all before the Met investigation is completed. Which could be weeks, months or years away. How is this possible in Britain?

Boris fans still think he is wonderful?

I think it shows the truth of that old saying…?
You know the bit?
“You can fool some people all of the time”…

The Guardian: Even Johnson’s own fraud minister couldn’t bear the stink of this government.
theguardian.com/commentisfr … lord-agnew

I don’t see this getting much press. 17 billion pounds lost, reportedly 5 billion to fraud included.
The equivalent of 5p on the Income tax.
That awful Truss woman with her 500 000 pounds private jet to Australia and 3000 pound lunches.
The press being too full of party cake gate,which will be a Greywash.

There are people saying that Sue Gray should simply publish her report. She could but that might put her in personal jeopardy as the document was written by a civil servant, her. Thus I think you will find that the report will be covered by Crown Copyright. Unauthorised publication would then be in possible (probable?) breach of copyright.

Perhaps No.10 realised this when they asked a civil servant to write it.

Dipster:
There are people saying that Sue Gray should simply publish her report. She could but that might put her in personal jeopardy as the document was written by a civil servant, her. Thus I think you will find that the report will be covered by Crown Copyright. Unauthorised publication would then be in possible (probable?) breach of copyright.

So now the civil service can’t be trusted?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

Dipster:

No, read again what I wrote.

That is Civil Servant obeys instruction given by someone (government, AKA Boris) who knows that whatever is written by civil servant will be covered by Crown Copyright. That is the text is copyrighted and that copyright is controlled by…the government, AKA Boris.

Those who might not (!) be trustworthy are this government. Boris and his cronies.

Dipster:

Monkey241:

Dipster:

That is Civil Servant obeys instruction given by someone (government, AKA Boris) who knows that whatever is written by civil servant will be covered by Crown Copyright. That is the text is copyrighted and that copyright is controlled by…the government, AKA Boris.

Those who might not (!) be trustworthy are this government. Boris and his cronies.

Absolute garbage about Crown copyright

Monkey241:

Dipster:

Monkey241:

Dipster:

Sorry, it is quite correct. Anything a civil servant writes/produces during the course of their work is covered by Crown Copyright.

Dipster:

Monkey241:

Dipster:

Monkey241:

Dipster:

Sorry, it is quite correct. Anything a civil servant writes/produces during the course of their work is covered by Crown Copyright.

I think you’re confused.
Crown copyright would prevent the reproduction without permission of the report.
In this matter Grey’s boss isn’t the PM - or govt - it is the Crown.
Grey is quite able to publish under Crown authority.

Monkey241:
I think you’re confused.
Crown copyright would prevent the reproduction without permission of the report.

Are you arguing that Civil Servants are free to publish whatever they wish, irrespective of the Government`s wishes?

The Civil Service Code 2015 says Civil Servants are accountable to ministers.
In this case Gray is accountable to the PM: the Minister who gave her the inquiry.

Can soldiers take an action upon themselves, ignoring their senior officer`s orders, because they work for the Crown not the officer?

Ed to adds

Civil servants are subject to the Official Secrets Acts 1911 and 1989, they may not disclose sensitive government information.
So if she did publish against Johnson`s wishes might she be liable to prosecution?

Franglais:

Monkey241:
I think you’re confused.

Are you arguing that Civil Servants are free to publish whatever they wish, irrespective of the Government`s wishes?

The Civil Service Code 2015 says Civil Servants are accountable to ministers.
In this case Gray is accountable to the PM: the Minister who gave her the inquiry.

Can soldiers take an action upon themselves, ignoring their senior officer`s orders, because they work for the Crown not the officer?

Ed to adds

Civil servants are subject to the Official Secrets Acts 1911 and 1989, they may not disclose sensitive government information.
So if she did publish against Johnson`s wishes might she be liable to prosecution?

Franglais has got it. Why can’t Monkey241?

It seems the Gray Report is now in No 10.
Johnson is still saying “wait and see”.

youtube.com/watch?v=iaqejZow21Q

He prefers to talk about Free-Ports:
During her second term Margaret Thatcher’s government made free ports in Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Liverpool, and Southampton. In 2012 Cameron decided not to renew the free port licences.
(just to be clear sweet Fanny Adams has more to do with Brexit than this, despite the spin)

A thought (novel I know), since some reckon we cant see the full Gray report until the Met show theirs? And some criticise the Mets role already. Can they really be impartial if their officers potentially had failings?
Can we expect the Met report to be postponed until another force has investigated the Met?
Can we expect this to start just before the Met are due to publish?

Has someone had a gift of a doll, containing another doll, containing another doll? And have they had a wizard wheeze?

Franglais:

During her second term Margaret Thatcher’s government made free ports in Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Liverpool, and Southampton. In 2012 Cameron decided not to renew the free port licences.
(just to be clear sweet Fanny Adams has more to do with Brexit than this, despite the spin)

A thought (novel I know), since some reckon we cant see the full Gray report until the Met show theirs? And some criticise the Mets role already. Can they really be impartial if their officers potentially had failings?
Can we expect the Met report to be postponed until another force has investigated the Met?

Has someone had a gift of a doll, containing another doll, containing another doll? And have they had a wizard wheeze?

I have just read the “report” (on Gov.UK). Due, I suspect, to the Met’s intervention it is a pretty pointless document. Mission accomplished some might say… I look forward to Boris speaking in Parliament at 15h30. What might he say?

Dipster:

Franglais:

I have just read the “report” (on Gov.UK). Due, I suspect, to the Met’s intervention it is a pretty pointless document. Mission accomplished some might say… I look forward to Boris speaking in Parliament at 15h30. What might he say?

The BBC have a few highlights here:
bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60201752

As an aside, it isnt clear to me how many of the involved are Ministers and MPs, genuine civil servants, party political appointees, interior decorators, mates, other camp followers? Daresay that will/wont come out later.

Dipster:

So, Ive just been listening too. A short and honourable statement as Johnson apologised for his wrong doing to the Country and the people, and for lying to Parliament, and then said he would resign. . . Well, what did we expect? . . Bonus marks to Theresa May and Ian Blackford. . Points added for Johnsons imitation of a 3 year with jam smeared around his face denying hed been in the pantry, but a few marks lost because he couldnt stop himself from giggling and laughing.

Franglais:

Dipster:

So, Ive just been listening too. A short and honourable statement as Johnson apologised for his wrong doing to the Country and the people, and for lying to Parliament, and then said he would resign. . . Well, what did we expect? . . Bonus marks to Theresa May and Ian Blackford. . Points added for Johnsons imitation of a 3 year with jam smeared around his face denying hed been in the pantry, but a few marks lost because he couldnt stop himself from giggling and laughing.

I find his and most of his Conservative colleagues behaviour disgraceful. But the present political system leaves people like me, for whom honour and integrity in office is necessary, quite powerless to have any chance to dislodge this buffoon until a general election. I think that is quite wrong.

Dipster:

Franglais:

Dipster:

I find his and most of his Conservative colleagues behaviour disgraceful. But the present political system leaves people like me, for whom honour and integrity in office is necessary, quite powerless to have any chance to dislodge this buffoon until a general election. I think that is quite wrong.

Even when asked, by both sides of the House if he would publish the Gray Report (today is just an interim) in full, after the Met report, he refused again and again, to say “Yes”.*
I`m surprised at how many Cons are still supporting him to be honest.
I thought more of them actually had backbones. See what the 1922 committee say.

*Ooops! as I type this it is said he will publish the Updated Gray Report later. This is from No10 after Johnson left the chamber.

Franglais:

Dipster:

Franglais:

Dipster:

Even when asked, by both sides of the House if he would publish the Gray Report (today is just an interim) in full, after the Met report, he refused again and again, to say “Yes”.*
I`m surprised at how many Cons are still supporting him to be honest.
I thought more of them actually had backbones. See what the 1922 committee say.

*Ooops! as I type this it is said he will publish the Updated Gray Report later. This is from No10 after Johnson left the chamber.

I find the use of the word “Cons” by “Franglais” amusing yet apt, if you understand what I mean!

If we end up with an election,no matter who wins,in what way will our country be governed better? I’m thinking deck chairs/Titanic.

Dipster:
I find the use of the word “Cons” by “Franglais” amusing yet apt, if you understand what I mean!

Never crossed my mind!
Honest.

It might have crossed my mind, but I wasn`t at home.

If it did cross my mind I wasn`t aware of it.

It crossed someone elses mind and theyve resigned.

I don`t have a mind…
Well, no argument there.