And so it begins...

Went down to Truck Training UK (TRUK) today based in Bolton on Weston Street and paid a £200 deposit for a Cat C course! Filled out the license application forms, was sent to the local doctors and was fast tracked for my medical (I told them I was a bit pressed for time, which I was), had the medical, got registered for their online theory training and sent off my license and application forms. Paid just over a fiver for special delivery and they will get to the DVLA for about 1pm tomorrow.

I was quite nervous when I got there but after a good chat with the instructor I was put at ease and I’m really looking forward to getting started now. The plan is to get the theory parts out the way and then get started on the practical. Its being funded around £400 a month (thanks to my wife :smiley: ) and I’m looking to get it completed for around december time. I’m thinking of going down the 1-2 lessons a week once I get started and then fingers crossed all goes smoothly I’ll move on to the C+E. I’m hoping to have the C, C+E and DCPC all done before April next year.

Very excited!!

Hi mate I trained with mark Thompson @ northwest HGV training passed
C then c+e a month later he was brilliant,

But at the atherton test centre I got speaking to billy from TRUK in the blue Volvo he seems ok so best of luck with the training,

Also DVLA took 18 days to return my license with c+e entitlement (I also paid extra for recorded delivery) so they will take a while,
They must be really busy this time of year with everyone passing towards Christmas/busy holidays.

great93:
Hi mate I trained with mark Thompson @ northwest HGV training passed
C then c+e a month later he was brilliant,

But at the atherton test centre I got speaking to billy from TRUK in the blue Volvo he seems ok so best of luck with the training,

Also DVLA took 18 days to return my license with c+e entitlement (I also paid extra for recorded delivery) so they will take a while,
They must be really busy this time of year with everyone passing towards Christmas/busy holidays.

Was Billy the tall old guy with short grey hair and glasses? Thats who I talked to, I’m sure it was Billy. The blue rigid (Volvo FM9) is what I’ll be training in. Cant wait to get started!

I always see the training vehicles from TRUK, Northwest HGV and Red Rose on the roads round here. I live in Leigh and I’m sure the test route is through the town centre. The test centre is a few miles up the road too, a newly built premisis iirc (well you’ll know better than me!).

I was told to send it by Recorded delivery, but I’ve recently had to send off for a new counterpart and I sent it Special Delivery and it was back within 10 days. I think recorded delivery just requires a signature where as special delivery can actually be tracked and gets there next day.

Yeah that’s Billy :slight_smile:,
There’s various test routes, my c+e test was completely different to my cat C test as
You can’t get a class 1 down some of the roads/routes a rigid can haha,

At atherton test centre it’s tight to get out as there’s businesses opposite etc cars parked on double yellow lines (really clever driving) not!!!

It took me a couple of goes to get my class 2 but passed my class 1 first time,
My routes went through the likes of, Wigan and Bolton by reebok stadium, westhoughton,
Etc but just listen to your instructor it’s what your paying your hard earned cash for,

Good luck with everything mate.

Cheers mate:)

I passed my C+E with TRUK a couple of years ago in Stourton, Leeds. Found them very good, can’t remember the instructors name, but he was a little fella, think he wore a hearing aid, but not 100% sure, nice fella.

Reasonably priced as well