And more ....... Vermont

Gross stupidity in Vermont today… again :cry:

22A as usual had more than it’s fair share of twonks who think they must pull out in front of that truck so they don’t get stuck behind it, then sit there at 48 mph. I stopped a the small truckstop in the village of Shoreham to pick up a coffee and a slice of meatlovers pizza, now this stop has more room to park cars than most strip malls do and seeing as there were only 3 cars and my truck in there at the time I can’t for the life of me understand the mind of the woman who drove in as I was walking back to the truck. In came this red neon with a woman and 3 dogs in it, parked about a yard from my front grille and got out to walk the 100 ft to the shop. “Err you are not leaving that there are you ?” I said.
“I’m only going to the store” she said “is it in your way then ?”
“Yes it is, why don’t you park nearer the store ?”
“I don’t know how to reverse” she said.
“Do you know Vermont has the stupidest drivers on earth ?” I said. :laughing:

564580_353443114729972_1594785779_n.jpg

I’ve only ever passed through Vermont heading north to Quebec so have never had that much issue, though they do all seem to panic the minute they hit the interstate and drive very slowly and erratically.

And … stop dead at the bottom of the on ramps :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

As I’ve always said…driving while being American is no better than driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs etc!

Pat Hasler:

That’s because they expect people to move over for them on the highway.

The most annoying things about North American car drivers in general is that they expect you to move your 80,000lb truck at their convenience, so that their agile little car capable of 0-60 in a mere few seconds can accelerate away anyway, making your lane change pointless. Unless of course you dont move out, then they needlessly brake when they’re already well ahead and emergency swerve on to the hard shoulder in a dramatic act like something out of a film. Oxygen thieves.

Or they mostly drive like there are no other vehicles on earth !
On rtoute 7 the other day in the space of 10 miles I followed a woman wno was texting and wandered from one side of the road to the other at about 40 mph, she even mounted the grass verge at one point. After sounding my horn she did eventually see sense and pull over only to have me come up behind an old git in a Kia doing 35 mph for the next 4 miles to Vergenes.

robinhood_1984:
The most annoying things about North American car drivers in general is that they expect you to move your 80,000lb truck at their convenience, so that their agile little car capable of 0-60 in a mere few seconds can accelerate away anyway, making your lane change pointless. Unless of course you dont move out, then they needlessly brake when they’re already well ahead and emergency swerve on to the hard shoulder in a dramatic act like something out of a film. Oxygen thieves.

How true :exclamation: but don’t forget the turn signal trick, they don’t give you a signal as they slide in front of your hood but will signal to move to the left lane as if youre not important enough to be worth a signal :unamused: :imp:

remy:
How true :exclamation: but don’t forget the turn signal trick, they don’t give you a signal as they slide in front of your hood but will signal to move to the left lane as if youre not important enough to be worth a signal :unamused: :imp:

That doesn’t just happen to me then!!!

robinhood_1984:

remy:

That doesn’t just happen to me then!!!

hate it when that happens just wanna put my foot down and give them a little nudge :wink: :wink: :wink:

robinhood_1984:

It’s worse with wide loads that I carry, I am not going to move over if I have limited visibilty behind me (and you know following traffic will accelerate alongside if they see my left indicator) so I may see a few cars ditched or running the shoulder.
I also have had on quite a few occasions, when I need to pull out, cars riding alongside me taking pics vids of my load even though my indicator is on and I am approaching an obstacle!

I am absolutely convinced that North American cars are factory fitted with huge magents that mean that no matter how fast they approach in the fast lane, the moment they reach the rear bumper of your trailer they are sucked into your forcefield and can manage to overtake at no faster than 0.1mph than you are going in the truck…only to speed off again at their previous speed once they exit the force field just past your front bumper. Times this by several hundred cars per day, usually resulting in several dozen boxing ins as a result and it soon wears thin. How is it that on a otherwise totally deserted intertstate, there will always be one of these magnet car fools when theres a Prime or CR England truck approaching in the distance!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I find it amazing when I pull out to pass another truck and some pillock nips into the right lane to try and slip up the inside even though I am passing a damm vehicle, they drive really fast at the rear of the truck I am passing FFS and it’s not just car drivers, container and trash haulers do it too.

Pat Hasler:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

I find it amazing when I pull out to pass another truck and some pillock nips into the right lane to try and slip up the inside even though I am passing a damm vehicle, they drive really fast at the rear of the truck I am passing FFS and it’s not just car drivers, container and trash haulers do it too.

In Quebec I’ve had it where a moron in a car has tried to undertake me while I’ve been over taking a truck, only to swerve onto the hard shoulder and undertake the slower truck, re-emerge in to lane one and then plod on at 0.1mph faster than me. I’ve had the same happen in Belgium but the difference with European car driver nutters is that they’ll usually bugger off once they’ve pulled off their stupid moves. Here they risk life and limb in the most stupid fashion to get in front, often to sit on your front bumper or even go slower, once they are there. Causing you to have to over take and repeat the whole episode serveral times before they finally exit the interstate from the fastlane at the last possible second, veering so hard that they almost total their cars on the crash barrier on the shoulder…

As for those container drivers, especially the idiots you meet on the NJTP and Death Row, they are surely a good argument for human ethuanasia?!