And i thought rads in donegal (ireland) where tight

had my first run today to mollim in the lake districk, with a 40ft trailer.
god , thoses roads are tight, not much room when you meet another lorry.
ah well managed ok and it was a nice day. thankfully i was in an automatic volvo, nice to drive they are.

Did you figure out what the E/P button does on the top of the bit where the selector is?

Conor:
Did you figure out what the E/P button does on the top of the bit where the selector is?

Conor

E = economy
P = power

although in all honesty I’ve never noticed a blind bit of difference on any of them :confused: .

I never knew that, but if you push the exhaust brake lever fully up until you get a small plus sign next to the A on the dash then thats Opti cruise, a fancy name for freewheeling for fuel economy.

Mike-C:
I never knew that, but if you push the exhaust brake lever fully up until you get a small plus sign next to the A on the dash then thats Opti cruise, a fancy name for freewheeling for fuel economy.

Yep and if you operate the rocker switch on the end of the stalk when it’s “free-wheeling” you can set what speed the retarder kicks in on the over run too. :bulb:

Rob K:

Conor:

Conor

E = economy
P = power

although in all honesty I’ve never noticed a blind bit of difference on any of them :confused: .

When in power it should hold onto a gear longer, not jump so many gears, and change gears quicker. Its more obvious when you are with a heavy load.