Analogue to Digital

So, I start my day on analogue till midday and take a 15 min break, back to the yard and swap into a truck with digital tacho.
Is there any way to do a manual entry to tell it I have already had a 15, so it doesn’t go loopy after the 30 telling me I need a break at 4hs 30 mins?

weeto:
So, I start my day on analogue till midday and take a 15 min break, back to the yard and swap into a truck with digital tacho.
Is there any way to do a manual entry to tell it I have already had a 15, so it doesn’t go loopy after the 30 telling me I need a break at 4hs 30 mins?

You can manually enter the 15 minute break but the digital tachograph won’t recognise it as a driving break unless you also manually input the driving time, however I don’t think I would advise doing that because a slight mistake with the times could result in a manual entry that conflicts with your chart.

I think the best option is to simply keep a record of your times and work them out manually rather than relying on the tachograph, I can see how the digital tachograph flashing a warning is going to be a pain but I can’t see an obvious solution to it I’m afraid.

Personally I’d be tempted just to make my second break 45 mins. Yeah I know it’s not strictly necessary but it could save potential hassle and what’s 15 minutes in the grand scheme of things?

I’d make them both 45 minutes.

Yeah I would too, but then I was voted the person least likely to have a stress related illness.

Mind you, it was an ex TM who told me that. Maybe he was hinting? :smiley:

Thanks for that guys.

I have three wagons that I drive daily, 2 digi, 1 anologue, when I start on a digi one and do about 3 hrs then on to analogue I always put a line for my start duty time on disc.
There will be an unexplained gap on said disc, but that information is on my digi card, easily accessed by whoever wants to look.
My rambling point here being, so long as you have the information of your activities with you your covered.
Phew ! Wish I’d never started.
Jim

tachograph:

weeto:

You can manually enter the 15 minute break but the digital tachograph won’t recognise it as a driving break unless you also manually input the driving time, however I don’t think I would advise doing that because a slight mistake with the times could result in a manual entry that conflicts with your chart.

I think the best option is to simply keep a record of your times and work them out manually rather than relying on the tachograph, I can see how the digital tachograph flashing a warning is going to be a pain but I can’t see an obvious solution to it I’m afraid.

Would that not illegal … showing a break on a analogue and on a digi at the same time when the digi is not in use :open_mouth: for a further ?(how long ) as the OP states

take a 15 min break, back to the yard

the comma indicating has taken a break , then continued driving back to the yard. didn’t think you were allowed to have overlapping records :question:

nick2008:

tachograph:

weeto:

Would that not illegal … showing a break on a analogue and on a digi at the same time when the digi is not in use :open_mouth: for a further ?(how long ) as the OP states

take a 15 min break, back to the yard

the comma indicating has taken a break , then continued driving back to the yard. didn’t think you were allowed to have overlapping records :question:

There’s nothing to stop you entering a manual entry for a time the digital tachograph is not in use, in fact that’s the whole point of doing manual entries.

The point I was trying to make is that even if the break was manually recorded on the digital tachograph the tachograph wouldn’t recognise it as a driving break so the OP would be no better off.

As far as manually recording activities that are already recorded on the chart is concerned, I don’t see why it would be illegal but as I said I wouldn’t recommend doing it because of the likelihood of inconsistencies between the times on the chart and the card.
It’s just not a good idea in my humble opinion :wink:

I’d ignore the digi tacho warning and carry on. As long as you’ve taken the second part of your break as required you won’t be getting an infringement.

tachograph:
There’s nothing to stop you entering a manual entry for a time the digital tachograph is not in use, in fact that’s the whole point of doing manual entries.

The point I was trying to make is that even if the break was manually recorded on the digital tachograph the tachograph wouldn’t recognise it as a driving break so the OP would be no better off.

As far as manually recording activities that are already recorded on the chart is concerned, I don’t see why it would be illegal but as I said I wouldn’t recommend doing it because of the likelihood of inconsistencies between the times on the chart and the card.

but would that not be the same as having 2 records overlapping ■■ and the records could be and hour apart ?
ie ana break at 12:00 drive till 13:00 OW 13:15 digi in do a manual entry for the 15 min break What do you enter for manual entry’s for the driving ■■? on the digi ■■

nick2008:

tachograph:

but would that not be the same as having 2 records overlapping ■■ and the records could be and hour apart ?
ie ana break at 12:00 drive till 13:00 OW 13:15 digi in do a manual entry for the 15 min break What do you enter for manual entry’s for the driving ■■? on the digi ■■

tachograph:

nick2008:

tachograph:

no need to shout I didn’t have me glasses on :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :wink: