Analogue tachos to digi card

im a 48 yr old , been driving hgvs for nearly 28 yrs now worked for the same small company all my life, im on my 3rd or 4th digi card but never actually used one as we,ve always ran oldish trucks.
last week we had a 7-5 tonner as a local run about which has a digi tacho in, as we are a small firm we only have 2 hgv drivers and only me with a digi card.
99% of my working week is on paper tachos on my own wagon but as from last week ive done a couple of local runs on digi ,been new to the digi card ive done my research on them but cant find anything about goin from paper to digi on the same day.
i presume i have to make manual entries , lets say if ive done a day on card but then then gone back to my wagon on paper tachos say for 2-3 days solid ,when i go back to card i presume i have to make manual entries for my previous 2-3 days driving ? can u make more than 1 manual entry at the same time for the 2-3 days previous ?
i always keep a log of my driving when im on paper, always have done,different drivers have told me different opinions , 1 saying as long as ive got my 28 days of paper with me i dont need to do manual entries ,i find this hard to believe ■■? do i make the manual entries as other work ■■
ive used my card 2-3 times and fear i may have got some infringements already ,my card aint been downloaded yet so im not sure how to go about it atm any help with this would be great
ALL THE BEST CHRIS

Have only been driving a few years and haven’t used a paper tachograph, but think the ? symbol between using digicard should cover you. You will end up with infringements if you start trying to put complicated manual entries in, you don’t need to duplicate records, paper tachos will cover time not on card.

If it was me (and I’m not saying this is right), I’d guess that as long as the paper tacho is with me whilst driving on digi, I have a continuous record of all my work. It’s just stored on two mediums.

What would happen about recording breaks? For example if you don’t record a break on your digi card then pull the card and go onto paper your digital card would show an infringement due to you not recording a break.

I’m guessing you’d have to do a 24 hr print out with an explanation but that sounds a right ■■■ if you’re having to do that a couple of times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had this issue.
Keep both on you at all times and you are good.
No need for manual entries on either medium.
Vosa were fine with mine when i was stopped and just skipped between the two mediums to check id been legal. All good.

The only manual entries you should make are for any work done after ejecting the card on the last digital tachograph shift and any work done before inserting the card (that’s not recorded on a chart) on the current shift.

When you put the card into a digital tachograph, if you’ve used an analogue tachograph since last using the driver card use the ? symbol for all the time since the end of the last shift when the card was used.

The ? symbol is for time that cannot be accounted for, for instance when you’ve been using an analogue tachograph.

Be sure to always carry with you (when working) the charts for the previous 28 days and your driver card.

edit: Under no circumstances should you try to manually input the analogue tachograph shifts into a digital tachograph, you don’t legally need to and there’s a very real chance you’ll make mistakes and end up with 2 different records for the same days, one on charts and the other wrong record on the card.

Using the ? symbol on the digital tachograph is the correct and legal way to do it when you’ve been on an analogue tachograph since the last time the driver card was used.