analogue tacho

Can anyone advise me as to what I’m doing wrong,done a shift last night for the co op,first truck had the tacho on the front of the dash with the key and pull down.Filled out the chart and put it in with the written information facing the three styles.When i changed over,there was no markings on chart.The second truck had the tacho overhead,slightly different from last one.press a button and a tray comes out like a cd,again filled the chart out,and placed it in tray,written information face up and closed tray.And at the end of the shift,same thing no markings on chart.The only difference with this truck,on the digital display,it showed a logo as if the tray was open,but it wasn’t.The charts i used had a kind of gloss finish on the information side,don’t know if that makes a difference. I made manual entries on the charts at the end of shift,is that correct.Is it something I’m doing wrong or was i just unlucky and got two that weren’t working.Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Joe

If I had the chart in the wrong way round,would it not regester on the other side with the trace ?

laughingboy007:
Can anyone advise me as to what I’m doing wrong,done a shift last night for the co op,first truck had the tacho on the front of the dash with the key and pull down.Filled out the chart and put it in with the written information facing the three styles.When i changed over,there was no markings on chart.The second truck had the tacho overhead,slightly different from last one.press a button and a tray comes out like a cd,again filled the chart out,and placed it in tray,written information face up and closed tray.And at the end of the shift,same thing no markings on chart.The only difference with this truck,on the digital display,it showed a logo as if the tray was open,but it wasn’t.The charts i used had a kind of gloss finish on the information side,don’t know if that makes a difference. I made manual entries on the charts at the end of shift,is that correct.Is it something I’m doing wrong or was i just unlucky and got two that weren’t working.Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Joe

You need to push the button that pushes the lead needle out further. Bit like them lead pencils that you can press to extend and inject yourself. :slight_smile:

Sounds like both charts were in the wrong way round

the ejector draw one has a plastic flap that lifts up and the tacho sits under it.

Not sure what u mean by written side up but Ur description of glossy side if you mean the side that u can scratch then that needs to be face up where u fill in chart at start of shift
Jennie

hi if you go on youtube and type in analogue tacho you will get videos of them being put in.hope ths helps.

Analogue charts are effectively a ne way piece of carbon paper. If you put it in upside down it won’t show a thing. My bet is you put your chart in wrong way round each time.

make sure its sitting on the pear shaped thing in the middle properly