Analogue tacho disc record

Hi all am hooping for some advise, last night while sleeping in cab I stupidly placed my last 4 weeks tacho history on dashboard against window in a wallet but moisture has gotten to them all are ok apart from two that show smudge n damage on the disc,
They are readable and can clearly see info apart from speed trace for ten to fifteen min.
Am only two week in to the new job and confused as what to do thanks Pete.

Accidents happen - don’t worry - you are not the first and won’t be the last.

I would just keep them and deal with them as normal.

I have hand my first 5 in after my 5th week, fingers crossed I don’t get a phone call

pete1476:
Hi all am hooping for some advise, last night while sleeping in cab I stupidly placed my last 4 weeks tacho history on dashboard against window in a wallet but moisture has gotten to them all are ok apart from two that show smudge n damage on the disc,
They are readable and can clearly see info apart from speed trace for ten to fifteen min.
Am only two week in to the new job and confused as what to do thanks Pete.

You should if you can treat your used discs with some respect, maybe get some kind of sturdy wallet to keep them in and store them safely.

With all due respect they are stored in a wallet made for tacho discs, and are kept in methodical order in five day envelopes, my problem acured when I placed the wallet on the cab dashboard over night and moisture of the windscreen soaked in to the wallet.

I have only been driving professionally for about three weeks for this company it’s a lesson learnt due to inexperience, training offers no insite in to anolouge tachodisc nor did my initial cpc,
It was my employer who took the time out to place a retired driver with me for a week who I learned more from in one week than any agency or training provider could for a (price)…

Do not worry about it.Once the 28 days has expired it is ok then.In that time the chances are you will not be stopped by Vosa/Police.
It is not like you have done it on purpose to falsify records which a serious offence.
It is just an accident.The sun can damage charts in the summer.Charts go black and unreadable.
Vosa are human too and tell them what happened if stopped.

toby1234abc:
Do not worry about it.Once the 28 days has expired it is ok then.In that time the chances are you will not be stopped by Vosa/Police.

Toby,

In your haste to post random incorrect info, did you forget that the boss has to keep those records for a year (two years if used for WTD purposes) and that they can be inspected by VOSA/Police during that time?? :unamused:

… and how on earth can you know the likelihood of somebody being stop-checked… stop-checks can happen on any day. :open_mouth:

dieseldave:

toby1234abc:

Toby,

In your haste to post random incorrect info, did you forget that the boss has to keep those records for a year (two years if used for WTD purposes) and that they can be inspected by VOSA/Police during that time?? :unamused:

… and how on earth can you know the likelihood of somebody being stop-checked… stop-checks can happen on any day. :open_mouth:

They do have to keep them but problems tend not to arise after 3 months for infringements So much as it’s fun to have a go at Toby perhaps this time was unjustified

OP don’t worry it’ll be alright. VOSA ain’t half as bad as a lot on here make out. Of is a genuine accident and you can show you’ve solved the problem they’ll show sense