Analogue tacho and changing vehicles

Hello all.
I have been driving for this company for around 6 weeks. Mainly I drive a 7.5 tonne with analogue tacho. I do however alternate with other vehicles namely transit vans ( none tacho ). Over the last 2 weeks I have found I might drive 2 or 3 days in the 7.5 then 1 day in transit van, then back to 7.5 tonne. My question is do I need to record the van days on a tacho chart (by hand) or is it enough for me to just record my journeys as I would in either vehicle? I know that the vans are outside the E.U. rules but I don’t know enough about this and would appreciate very much any info or if anyone can point me in the direction of info on this subject. As you can probably tell I am a relative newcomer!

Thanks in advance

Guitarphil.

Guitarphil22:
Hello all.
I have been driving for this company for around 6 weeks. Mainly I drive a 7.5 tonne with analogue tacho. I do however alternate with other vehicles namely transit vans ( none tacho ). Over the last 2 weeks I have found I might drive 2 or 3 days in the 7.5 then 1 day in transit van, then back to 7.5 tonne. My question is do I need to record the van days on a tacho chart (by hand) or is it enough for me to just record my journeys as I would in either vehicle? I know that the vans are outside the E.U. rules but I don’t know enough about this and would appreciate very much any info or if anyone can point me in the direction of info on this subject. As you can probably tell I am a relative newcomer!

Thanks in advance

Guitarphil.

On days that you drive the van you are supposed to record the work on a chart/printout, just the date, start and finish times and sign it.

For the EU regulations driving the van is other work not driving.

Some people say they’ve been told by VOSA that keeping the record in a notebook is OK, technically that’s not the legal requirement but it does make sense :wink:

Looks better if all the records are on charts - recorded by vehicle on the 7.5 and manual for the van

Thank you for the information guys. I shall put some charts into my chart bundle to cover the van days.

Advice much appreciated.

Thank you,

Phil.