An Update With More Pictures

So ive been put on curtainsiders the past two weeks, a bit gutted to say the least, ive been enjoying working on containers as that’s where im most experienced, even before my new job.

been working for M I Haulage for nearly two months now and hes placed me on a few of his wagons that mainly do P&O, Roadferry, DSV, Gywenned Shipping Etc.

I’m Cab hopping still but cant wait to finally get my own lorry!! I don’t even care if its the oldest or ■■■■■■■■ of the fleet (even then its still a 57 plate White Volvo FH 460 Euro 5) but it’ll stop me carrying around so much crap, and I can look after it etc.

All week ive had the ■■■■ took out of me aswell haha, as im 19 years old, 5ft 6 and a young looking face, everywhere have been saying the usual, like;
“Wheres your Dad son”, “Is it school holidays already”, “Have you robbed that lad”, “Wheres my yellow pages gone” Etc its funny but slightly annoying sometimes, depends who says it if I have a laugh with them or not.
:sunglasses:
Anyway, been in and out of docks lately, Liverpool, Birkenhead, Heysham, Felixstowe etc delivering/collecting trailers, delivering whats in the trailers then reloading and taking them back to the docks to be shipped abroad.

My first go of collecting steele yesterday I went to Tapasteele Tubes In corby which was a nightmare, toing and froing between cranes, strapping, unstrapping, taking the roof up, down, curtains open, closed 5 hours I was there just to get 24 tonnes of long steele pillars ( I WAS SWEATING LIKE A GLASS BLOWERS ASS)

I collected 22 tonnes of roof linings from wales and took them to Northampton for delivery to a roof maintainence company which was also a nightmare, I was on a national single carriageway road and also had to reverse into the place past the security office all the way down to where the forklifts were!! .

I got yet another trailer and delivered 22 tonnes of garden stones in Sheffield, then reloaded in the peak district dropped that off in heysham.

And finally haha, went to rank hovis in doncaster to collect 22 pallets of bread mix and cake mix!! that smelt lovely, also took that to heysham port to be shipped off to Belfast.

And that’s been my week :slight_smile: heres some various pictures I could take when I had the chance.
hope not to bore anyone, just thought id share with you all what ive been getting up to.

Im doing more curtainsider work on Friday, will hopefully be back on containers soon but hey who am I to complain.

934962_10201150815628407_1517557699_n.jpg

1002434_10201144261064547_1238405537_n.jpg

1010973_10201144264984645_762185200_n.jpg

1004766_10201143729811266_925565997_n.jpg

1010916_10201127800613046_1582978757_n.jpg

1003863_10201127126676198_1383959159_n.jpg

1002753_10201127125836177_2114703570_n.jpg

998683_10201127126316189_1603568999_n.jpg

Good read and glad to see things are still going well.

I found the best way to deal with ribbing is to just laugh along with it and keep on walking, I get exactly the same as you. 19 and told I look like a 15 year old haha

Sounds like you’re getting some complicated loads to deal with, a big learning curve?

DJC:
Good read and glad to see things are still going well.

I found the best way to deal with ribbing is to just laugh along with it and keep on walking, I get exactly the same as you. 19 and told I look like a 15 year old haha

Sounds like you’re getting some complicated loads to deal with, a big learning curve?

Yeah I just laugh and think at least ill look young when im 40 (hopefully) :slight_smile:

Yeah ive been getting various loads, two weeks ago I collected tractors and 60 tractor tyres, 2 pallets of red diesel to be sent to japan, madness!! its is indeed an experience!

Posts like this make me even more excited for when I gain my license in the next 4 weeks (Hopefully)

I’m 22 and seeing as there are young drivers out there puts my mind at rest as I was a little concerned about being under 25.

Brilliant read and hope to see you out there one day.

Matt

Good read matie! Tell the jokers that your actually 32 (or similar)
May cause a few to have a look in the mirror!!
Sounds like your doing well and having a great time, hope your being paid well for all that work :slight_smile:

Cheers pals, yeah it’s been going good and the money’s ok so win win situation :slight_smile:

Excellent post mate, and really good inspiration for those other new young drivers out there. Keep it up mate! :smiley:

As for the ribbing…I always used to look younger than I was and used to get away with half fare on the buses even when I was approaching 21 years of age! Sadly, it hasn’t lasted and I probably look every one of my 47 years now…or more now I’m losing my hair!! :frowning:

LJA:
Excellent post mate, and really good inspiration for those other new young drivers out there. Keep it up mate! :smiley:

As for the ribbing…I always used to look younger than I was and used to get away with half fare on the buses even when I was approaching 21 years of age! Sadly, it hasn’t lasted and I probably look every one of my 47 years now…or more now I’m losing my hair!! :frowning:

Haha sounds like your describing my dad :slight_smile: no offence haha.

Yeah we’ll it’s good to know you all like reading my posts, it encourages me to take more pictures and write more stories when I get the chance

great93:
Haha sounds like your describing my dad :slight_smile: no offence haha.

lol None taken! :open_mouth:

great93:
Yeah we’ll it’s good to know you all like reading my posts, it encourages me to take more pictures and write more stories when I get the chance

Absolutely! It will help to show other newbies out there what they can expect. So, keep on truckin… :smiley:

I really like this thread , sounds like you are cramming in loads of experience into a very short time , :wink:
I just started with a new employer this past week and have been on nights going up to heysham port and bringing back 4.2m wide cabins back to Telford .
I love doing the wide loads but that’s finished for now . Saturday was 3 loads of cornflakes to Manchester , all just about managed in an impossible time frame , just didn’t get home and had to night out at lymm services :cry:

Tomorrow it’s load of timber with 2 drops Gloucester and bridge water .
All good fun but its taking its toll , had to have an afternoon nap this pm :blush: :unamused:

Keep on posting and photographing , it’s great to see what folks are up too ,

Cheers mike

Sounds like a busy few runs :slight_smile:
Don’t worry I’ll keep updating when I can, kills time when I’m on 6 hour tips at rdc’s or waiting for late Stena line ships to dock to get a trailer off it haha