An interesting question

There have been a lot of posts recently about driver shortages, poor wages and even poorer conditions. I have worked for a lot of family firms, those where the bosses wife brings out a sandwich and a cup of tea for everyone.

I have worked for those companies who wouldn’t put you out if you were on fire, and if they did, would charge you for doing so.

So what’s the question?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

In my view and experience there is no contest. Working for the correct family business has great advantages for both the company and the driver.
Although it’s all about attitude and unless you have the correct attitude forget that and be a number elsewhere.

The list of allowable answers appears not to include most driving jobs in the UK, so while the question may well be interesting, a metric ■■■■■■■■ of participants won’t be able to choose a valid answer.

Worked for all types, agency, supermarket, multinational but mostly ended up working for family firms and they generally suit me best. I like being able to talk directly to the man that pays my wages, who can make decisions and get stuff done. Rather than a manager with god knows how many layers of hierarchy above him none of which will ever give you a straight answer to anything!

It stemmed from someone saying there was a driver shortage, this must be the same driver shortage from 1975

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With family firms, the boss has generally done the job, you know what drivers have to do and what it’s like.

Big firms you get people that have a degree in transport management but have never driven further than the other side of town.