An Experiment with a New Idea - Slanging Matches!

Ok…The time has come where we all have to accept that the membership of these Forums is simply too large for everyone to get on with each other all of the time. It’s inevitable that members will fall out from time to time, and when that happens on the Forums or in the Chatroom, it spoils the atmosphere for everyone else.

So what would you do in “real life”? Why, you’d offer your adversary “outside”! And now, thanks to the wonder of Flash technology, you can do that on TruckNet UK too! :bulb: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

The main chatroom has always been only lightly moderated…but we now have a second room which isn’t moderated at all! (apart from an autocensor which we can’t work out how to get rid of… :blush: …but it’s in American so as long as you don’t say “godamn” you’re pretty much safe… :wink: )

So…next time you think your being attacked and the Mods disagree, don’t drag the thread off topic…take it “outside” by clicking on the “Chat” icon at the top of the page and logging in - then let rip!

Obviously this only works if both people are online…if not, I suggest a quick PM to arrange a meeting in there… :bulb:

This is an experiment, and I haven’t a clue whether it’ll be of any use…but it’s worth a try. It should certainly keep arguements out of the main chatroom…stop our phones ringing on a Saturday night…and hopefully will take the heat off the Forum Mods a bit as well. :wink:

Obviously, if it doesn’t work, I’ll think again. ( Yes…this is another of Lucy’s daft ideas…humour me and give it a whirl… :blush: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: )

Enjoy…! :grimacing:

No…Outside in 5 minutes :imp:

:laughing: :laughing:

Lucy:
Ok…The time has come where we all have to accept that the membership of these Forums is simply too large for everyone to get on with each other all of the time. It’s inevitable that members will fall out from time to time, and when that happens on the Forums or in the Chatroom, it spoils the atmosphere for everyone else.

So what would you do in “real life”? Why, you’d offer your adversary “outside”! And now, thanks to the wonder of Flash technology, you can do that on TruckNet UK too! :bulb: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

The main chatroom has always been only lightly moderated…but we now have a second room which isn’t moderated at all! (apart from an autocensor which we can’t work out how to get rid of… :blush: …but it’s in American so as long as you don’t say “godamn” you’re pretty much safe… :wink: )

So…next time you think your being attacked and the Mods disagree, don’t drag the thread off topic…take it “outside” by clicking on the “Chat” icon at the top of the page and logging in - then let rip!

Obviously this only works if both people are online…if not, I suggest a quick PM to arrange a meeting in there… :bulb:

This is an experiment, and I haven’t a clue whether it’ll be of any use…but it’s worth a try. It should certainly keep arguements out of the main chatroom…stop our phones ringing on a Saturday night…and hopefully will take the heat off the Forum Mods a bit as well. :wink:

Obviously, if it doesn’t work, I’ll think again. ( Yes…this is another of Lucy’s daft ideas…humour me and give it a whirl… :blush: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: )

Enjoy…! :grimacing:

Is this a wind up or a cop out of actually implementing a fair system when it comes to editing member’s posts? :unamused:

or is it just a way of letting people have a go at each other from the safety of their own homes without breaching the rules set down for the rest of the site?

not everybody is interested in someone else’s arguments

Jules

i dont care im up for it the petty squabling on threads is getting very annoying and if im online il go in to the chat room and sort it out.

:slight_smile: I think every online community has a version - even the My Little Pony community has an unmoderated forum and it can get very nc-17 there!

even the My Little Pony community has an unmoderated forum and it can get very nc-17 there!

Aren’t you a little old for that? :laughing:

Ken.

Piffle. Age has nothing to do with it. I can do whatever I want! :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you know there’s a My Little Pony called Trucker? He’s blue with a pink tipper on his ■■■■. Seriously.

Dapper Scavenger:
Did you know there’s a My Little Pony called Trucker? He’s blue with a pink tipper on his ■■■■. Seriously.

Or in other words he’s been told to use the porta loo in the corner of the yard in mid winter & he’s got dose of farmers :wink:

Dapper Scavenger:

Thought you were having us on, so I Googled it. There is even a website dedicated to him: http://www.naturaltalent.f2s.com/

It’s called The Truckstop and looks like it was made by some girl who is obsessed with My Little Ponies and Trucks. Not you is it Dapper■■?

Lostpup:

Dapper Scavenger:

Thought you were having us on, so I Googled it. There is even a website dedicated to him: http://www.naturaltalent.f2s.com/

It’s called The Truckstop and looks like it was made by some girl who is obsessed with My Little Ponies and Trucks. Not you is it Dapper■■?

blushes

I’m fairly certain that website has annoyed several drivers who went in hopes of finding info on truckstops and were instead faced with shockingly bright pictures of ponies :stuck_out_tongue:

In my defence, I made that site about four years ago. Its showing its age now.

You must take the test though:

naturaltalent.f2s.com/fun/quiz/ponytest.htm

Trucker the pony has always sat on my dash when I was driving, and now he sits on my desk. I always thought that if I ever had my own motor, I’d have it painted up with ponies. Bwahaha. See me coming eh?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
You don’t want to know how much of my life I have spent trying to get ponies into trucks! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m wind whistler! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I,m quite fortunate as i never fall out with anyone or give reason for argument but goood luck to all those who use it :wink:;);););)…

Dapper Scavenger:

Lostpup:

Dapper Scavenger:

blushes

I’m fairly certain that website has annoyed several drivers who went in hopes of finding info on truckstops and were instead faced with shockingly bright pictures of ponies :stuck_out_tongue:

In my defence, I made that site about four years ago. Its showing its age now.

You must take the test though:

naturaltalent.f2s.com/fun/quiz/ponytest.htm

Trucker the pony has always sat on my dash when I was driving, and now he sits on my desk. I always thought that if I ever had my own motor, I’d have it painted up with ponies. Bwahaha. See me coming eh?

I am Fireball :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Independant and unconventional lol Sound like you?

Dapper Scavenger:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

Independant and unconventional lol Sound like you?

:laughing: :laughing: I would like to think so :laughing: although my daughter who thinks your site is cool said I was the complete opposite :blush: and she seems to think I lied on the test :open_mouth: :laughing:

Well, I think you have to be a little ‘unconventional’ (i.e. mad) to work in transport :slight_smile:

Tell your daughter thankyou. I’m glad she liked it.

Well jammymutt if you never fall out with anyone you must be so laid back i bet your horizontal go to some rdc s that will change :wink:

I am Ice Crystal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

I hate rigid drivers.