An email to the agency

Dork Lard:

Harry Monk:
PS Wouldn’t it be interesting if somebody forwarded a link to this thread to Encore Personnel at coventry@encoredriving.co.uk ?

Just saying, like. :wink:

Wouldn’t it be interesting to see what Encore have written on your De Poel file for 100’s of other employers to discover ?

I know all about De Poel, but the company I was working for until I failed to turn up for work on Tuesday have already asked me if I would be interested in working for them directly… I think any decent employer understands the concept of “If I don’t get paid on time, then I’m not doing any more work for you”.

Radar19:

Harry Monk:

Radar19:
I must of been quite lucky with my time on agency. Driver Hire Lincoln were the best for me, they even paid out to reimburse me when the company I was working for at the time fuel card expired after I had fueled up. They paid the £190ish back no quibbles after the company dithered about.

With all due respect, you should never have paid the £190 out of your own money.

It was 4am and the company in question wasn’t very well run to put it mildly. Told the agency about it, the lady on the phone said to just put it down as an expense, it was paid the following week. What annoyed me more was the guy behind the counter at the fuel station looked at the card before letting me go fill up!

many years i had that happen and i put fuel out of my own pocket, never got it back in hard cash but got my moneys worth in other ways

Harry Monk:
I know all about De Poel, but the company I was working for until I failed to turn up for work on Tuesday have already asked me if I would be interested in working for them directly… I think any decent employer understands the concept of “If I don’t get paid on time, then I’m not doing any more work for you”.

Encore might be earning a big fat introduction fee then?

Dork Lard:

Harry Monk:

No, because I won’t be working for their client, I am going away cruising on my narrowboat until September and then I will just get a job with one of the hundreds of local employers who are desperate for drivers and do not use DePoel.

Can I just ask if you are in some way connected with Encore Personnel?

Nice one HM
I had a problem with the Gi Group. I didn’t get paid on Friday and no word from the Agency. I emailed them over the weekend and said if my pay isn’t in my bank by 12pm Mon I’d turn the wagon around and go back to the yard and move out of my truck. I’m not working for ■■■■ all.
I’m a tramper and I have to pay all parking and tolls and claim them back. So that week cost me nearly a 100 quid to work.
Guess what, computer glitch was the bs excuse and I was paid by 12pm.

DePoel, ■■■■■■ Biffa use them and some other company, cant remember who. Goldgroup i think

You’d think that paying a commission to the likes of such as Depeol would see them “never putting a foot wrong” on your pay…

Just shows that you DON’T get what you paid for - so why pay for such things at all?

Winseer:
You’d think that paying a commission to the likes of such as Depeol would see them “never putting a foot wrong” on your pay…

Just shows that you DON’T get what you paid for - so why pay for such things at all?

Yes, that’s the thing, what can Encore Personnel say? I turned up on time for every single assignment, I was clean, polite and helpful, the only issue I had was that they didn’t pay me the wages they owed me on time. I’m guessing Encore Personnel wouldn’t put that on the file so they will make up some other reason. If any other company declines to employ me because they believe this transparent nonsense, then that’s their loss.

Have you noticed that I keep on saying “Encore Personnel” rather than “the agency”? That’s because it is continually driving this thread up Google’s search engine, “Encore Personnel dishonest” is now on Google’s first page. :wink:

Dork Lard:

Harry Monk:
PS Wouldn’t it be interesting if somebody forwarded a link to this thread to Encore Personnel at coventry@encoredriving.co.uk ?

Wouldn’t it be interesting to see what Encore have written on your De Poel file for 100’s of other employers to discover ?

You can see what they have wrote. Just make a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST as you are entitled to see all data that a company holds of you.

Max they can charge is £10.

What is De Poel? And how does it relate to Encore Personnel?

Radar19:

DePoel is a blacklist which agencies use for troublesome drivers, such as drivers who expect to be paid their wages on time. However very few agencies and virtually no hauliers use it, so it isn’t very effective.

Note to self. Never work for Encore personnel.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
Note to self. Never work for Encore personnel.

I would definitely suggest that Encore Personnel are a company to avoid.

Going by what Encore Personnel have said, I would expect two weeks’ wages to be paid into my bank account on Friday, but I confidently predict that nothing at all will be paid and that I will have to issue a Small Claims Court summons to retrieve my wages, which will obviously then be on my terms.

In the 31 years I have been doing this job, I can honestly say that Encore Personnel are the most dishonest company I have ever dealt with. I have worked for some crooks in my time, but Encore Personnel take the biscuit.

EDIT- I will just add that from developments elsewhere that it is obvious that somebody from Encore Personnel is reading this thread. So please keep the comments coming.

If I have this right, Encore Personnel are acting in a manner you feel is dishonest? You would think in the days of the interweb that companies like Encore personnel would go to great lengths to avoid bumping people for their money because that comes across as really dishonest.

Encore Personnel?

Hmmm.

Encore Personnel.

Let me think… have I ever heard of Encore personnel?

Yes, I have heard of Encore Personnel, and I’ve only ever heard bad things about Encore Personnel. Things such as Encore Personnel being dishonest, unscrupulous, and thieving. Encore Personnel also appear to have a LOT OF BAD REVIEWS, so I would definitely avoid Encore Personnel, even if my children Encore and Personnel were only surviving on grass, dirt, and pond water.

This thread needs an Encore from it’s personnel. Don’t be dishonest, people.

Have Encore Personnel got a Facebook page…where you can leave reviews?

:smiling_imp:

Apparently they have…and you can leave reviews on Google & Indeed…just saying.

Dork Lard:

Harry Monk:

Maybe if they hadn’t breached their contract by “non payment” for services they might…

I’m sure agency jobs work for some but I’ve said it before - agencies are the worst thing that has ever happened to this industry in regards of destroying t&c’s for both employees and agency workers alike.

They are parasites.

kjw21:
Maybe if they hadn’t breached their contract by “non payment” for services they might…

I’m sure agency jobs work for some but I’ve said it before - agencies are the worst thing that has ever happened to this industry in regards of destroying t&c’s for both employees and agency workers alike.

They are parasites.

IME, all it takes is for the agency to raise the issue & the Co’ will rarely put up a fight.

I’m finding that the number of Co’s that refuse point blank to deal with agencies is increasing.

Harry Monk:

Radar19:

DePoel is a blacklist which agencies use for troublesome drivers, such as drivers who expect to be paid their wages on time. However very few agencies and virtually no hauliers use it, so it isn’t very effective.

De Poel is much, MUCH more than this & IMO a very real & very clever, major enemy of todays LGV drivers.