An email to the agency

peirre:
That’s what I thought too
if and when Harry gets paid by the agency and the matter is settled I suspect the agy won’t be calling Harry again offering him work, as has been the case from my own experiences in such matters.

I’m sure they won’t, but it’s not difficult to find work in the east Midlands. They claim not to have received my timesheet before the Tuesday cut off date, yet the emails are quite clearly visible in my sentbox, nobody else has ever failed to receive an email I have sent, but the payroll department have told me that they have had the same issue with other drivers. There seems little point in working for a company which I cannot get an emailed timesheet to reach.

Harry, i worked for a few agencies, and they would get my pay wrong, when i rang to the pay roll, i was given all the excuses under the sun of
" She is off work today."
“She has nipped out to the bank .”
I was told it was up to drivers to check their hours and pay, and in my opinion, they rely on drivers not checking to make a lot of money.
If an agency has 100 or more drivers on their books, and took the £ 25 that you mention, that is a lot of money .

The slimy scumbags at Encore say they didn’t receive my timesheet, in my experience emails, like posted letters, only ever fail to arrive when they are going to cost the recipient money, they never fail to arrive when they bear news which is of financial advantage to the recipient.

Going to forget about work for a few weeks now, off cruising on the narrowboat this weekend, so the only decision is whether to go to Snarestone or Banbury. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
The slimy scumbags at Encore say they didn’t receive my timesheet, in my experience emails, like posted letters, only ever fail to arrive when they are going to cost the recipient money, they never fail to arrive when they bear news which is of financial advantage to the recipient.

Going to forget about work for a few weeks now, off cruising on the narrowboat this weekend, so the only decision is whether to go to Snarestone or Banbury. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk. A man with a backbone.

Take note people…

I hope I’m wrong, because I have better things to do with my time, but my predictions are…

1. That Encore Personnel will try to screw me over for the wages they owe me on the pretext that not turning up for work today has caused them some enormous financial loss.

2. That I will have to take them to the Small Claims Court to get my wages.

3. That they will resist the claim until the eleventh hour, then capitulate, and

4. The Small Claims Court will award me my claim in full along with the expenses I claim for my time and effort, which will be at solicitor-based amounts and which I would provisionally estimate at around £500.

If so, this will be the fourth time I have had to take an ex-employer to the Small Claims Court and I’ve never lost a case yet.

toby1234abc:
Harry, i worked for a few agencies, and they would get my pay wrong, when i rang to the pay roll, i was given all the excuses under the sun of
I was told it was up to drivers to check their hours and pay, and in my opinion, they rely on drivers not checking to make a lot of money.
If an agency has 100 or more drivers on their books, and took the £ 25 that you mention, that is a lot of money .

“How come when there’s a mistake, it’s always involving ME being paid short. You never paid me ££££’s extra by mistake.”
“Why is it that only non-driving licence holders seem to be in charge of pay for drivers?”
“You didn’t have any women working at your office last week when I came in for a licence check - so did you take on someone brand new in the past few days, and put them in charge of payroll straight out of the gate?”
“Why is it that If I give you my time sheet in person last friday, that I’ve not been paid at all now, and any third party you care to nominate cannot be to blame, because I gave the sheet to you in person”
“How come I got day rate for starting at 17:30 and working 15 hours, day rate at non-sunday/bh rate at that?”
“What is that £85.40 deduction for “salary sacrifice”? - That leaves me worse off by £85.40. There is no way that a minus on my payslip leaves me better off.”

This sort of treatment seems to be a familiar occurence:

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Encore-Personnel/reviews

Many moons ago I got taken to the small claims court by a firm of solicitors in Gt Yarmouth, I contested it and to cut a long story short much to their disgust judgement was granted … in my favour !!! :slight_smile:

toby1234abc:

It’s exploitation by the back door. This is a big reason why the powers that be dont want brexit. A flood of cheap labour means they can try this ■■■■ on and getaway with it. I wouldnt be surprised if half the ■■■■■■■ country works through an agency now.

If you kick up a fuss you will no doubt get what you are owed as what they are doing is illegal but it will all be done long before REC have the chance to get the agency in court. You will be hard pressed to find evidence of any agency appearing in court on such matters. But here’s the thing, you are then quietly offered no more work. No rules broken. There are plenty of others out there who will just accept it so no harm done from the agencies position.

If you don’t say owt, perfect… you’re their type of client and you can look forward to missing wages and reduced overtime rates from what you were promised.

The whole thing stinks and needs reform. Good luck with that though.

The thing is, I just can’t understand it from their point of view. I had only been with Encore Personnel for three weeks, but had turned up on time, every time for every job, was clean, presentable and polite, did everything required of me by the clients, and didn’t cause any damage to any equipment.

If you ran an agency, then why would you choose to lose a driver like that, just to hang on to a few hundred pounds for a week? Why would you drop one of your main clients completely in the crap by having a driver not turn up for work? If it had cost them a few pennies or even a few pounds to do a bank transfer, then that would be far, far less than the money they have already lost by not having me on placement somewhere.

I think sometimes a company is just fundamentally dishonest and shortsightedly greedy by nature and Encore Personnel is such a company.

Harry Monk:

There’s a nice pub in snarestone, right next to the tunnel .

I’ve been on an agency for the last 15yrs although it is the company’s own agency.
I get a phone call on a Friday to ask what days I’m available the following week and get work accordingly. I do have a business of my own that I run so doing 2-3 driving shifts a week does suit me really well. The work I do one week gets paid to me the following Thursday. I know this wouldn’t suit everyone but for me it’s perfect and I really enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:
The thing is, I just can’t understand it from their point of view. I had only been with Encore Personnel for three weeks, but had turned up on time, every time for every job, was clean, presentable and polite, did everything required of me by the clients, and didn’t cause any damage to any equipment.

If you ran an agency, then why would you choose to lose a driver like that, just to hang on to a few hundred pounds for a week? Why would you drop one of your main clients completely in the crap by having a driver not turn up for work? If it had cost them a few pennies or even a few pounds to do a bank transfer, then that would be far, far less than the money they have already lost by not having me on placement somewhere.

I think sometimes a company is just fundamentally dishonest and shortsightedly greedy by nature and Encore Personnel is such a company.

Sad to say I do believe that most agencies are quite willing to steal money from the people who work for them and the regularity with which it seems to happen can’t be coincidence in my opinion.

Be very surprised if it’s some rogue employee and would suspect the top will be well aware of what’s going on.

TiredAndEmotional:
Sad to say I do believe that most agencies are quite willing to steal money from the people who work for them and the regularity with which it seems to happen can’t be coincidence in my opinion.

I think a lot of the problem with Encore Personnel is that the majority of their employees are eastern European, who have no choice but to put up with Encore’s business practices. The Poles and Lithuanians I spoke to told me some horror stories about working for Encore, and late payment of wages seems to be a regular occurrence. I can only presume that Encore thought I would tolerate being treated in the same way, but as I explained to them on Monday, if my overdue wages were not paid that day, then I wouldn’t be able to put diesel in my car to get to work on Tuesday.

In my experience, Encore Personnel are definitely an agency to avoid.

PS Wouldn’t it be interesting if somebody forwarded a link to this thread to Encore Personnel at coventry@encoredriving.co.uk ?

Just saying, like. :wink:

I must of been quite lucky with my time on agency. Driver Hire Lincoln were the best for me, they even paid out to reimburse me when the company I was working for at the time fuel card expired after I had fueled up. They paid the £190ish back no quibbles after the company dithered about.

Radar19:
I must of been quite lucky with my time on agency. Driver Hire Lincoln were the best for me, they even paid out to reimburse me when the company I was working for at the time fuel card expired after I had fueled up. They paid the £190ish back no quibbles after the company dithered about.

With all due respect, you should never have paid the £190 out of your own money.

Harry Monk:

Radar19:

With all due respect, you should never have paid the £190 out of your own money.

It was 4am and the company in question wasn’t very well run to put it mildly. Told the agency about it, the lady on the phone said to just put it down as an expense, it was paid the following week. What annoyed me more was the guy behind the counter at the fuel station looked at the card before letting me go fill up!

Harry Monk:
PS Wouldn’t it be interesting if somebody forwarded a link to this thread to Encore Personnel at coventry@encoredriving.co.uk ?

Wouldn’t it be interesting to see what Encore have written on your De Poel file for 100’s of other employers to discover ?