an apology

Hi all i would like to apologise to any one who gets stuck behind me the office bods have decided they have enough time on there hands to watch the trackers all day and we’ve all had warning letters about speeding so sorry guys fronm now on its 40 on s/c and 50 on d/c its not my fault but i dont fancy being up on a disiplinary cheers all

Apologies accepted.

Suffolk ReeferBoy:
Apologies accepted.

+1 Who do you work for? Just so I know not to give you a dirty look when I overtake you. :smiley:

trucker_craig:
Hi all i would like to apologise to any one who gets stuck behind me the office bods have decided they have enough time on there hands to watch the trackers all day and we’ve all had warning letters about speeding so sorry guys fronm now on its 40 on s/c and 50 on d/c its not my fault but i dont fancy being up on a disiplinary cheers all

And wheres the problem?

No probs whatsoever you gotta do what you gotta do .

I stick to the speed limits but many other people i work with dont, therefore it makes me look like i’m hanging it out…

I would NEVER apologise for sticking to the law!!

Bit like sorry for not nicking the lorry…keys in and ticking over while driver in shop :unamused: :unamused:

Well I for one don’t accept your apology. ■■■■ you you awful man, ■■■■ you. You should find a new job.

I find that less tea/coffee is spilt at 40mph. I keep hearing of long queues on every road I’m driving along, yet the road infront of me is clear :laughing:

Apology accepted…And apologies from myself too.
I have been sticking to the speed limits since April of this year, makes for a more relaxed drive. :sunglasses:

Just like to say when I first started I use to race about , but one day I just thought "why am I doing this " your cutting your throat , S o from then on I Started to do 40 in a 40 , its amazing howfar you get when you do it that way . :unamused:

I used to live in Croydon and work in Barking. It was nights doing planning for Exel. I had to start at 20:30 and finish at 06:00. Easy job but I hated the drive. I would drive like a nutter all the way and one day my manager followed me from Beckenham to the yard. When we got there he said that he was nb ing himself trying to keep up with me all the way. He said I would be lucky to keep my licence if I kept on like that.

I was only about 20 so didn’t listen. Word got around and one of the old warehousemen said to me how fast could I do it. I said under an hour would be good. He challeneged me and said “ring me when you leave home so I know you are not cheating and get here in under 50 minutes and I will buy you dinner” What a challenge I thought. The next day I drove like a mad man jumping lights, belting round corners, tail out at roundabouts the lot! I made it in 52 minutes, I was gutted! He then said, do it tomorrorw, but keep to the speed limits, stop at amber lights, let people out and be helpful to other road users if you are able to. So I did.

I rang him and went on my way. I even drove at ten to two postiion to prove a point. I got to work and checked the clock, 55 minutes! I couldn’t believe it. The old guy had proved that driving like an idiot, breaking laws and risking mine and others lives saved me three minutes. I learnt a valuable lesson that day, and to this day drive any vehicle even my car at the speed limit.

I don’t let others intimadate me, and I have now got to the point where I don’t care if im “holding people up” they are the ones who I am saving from from a potential high speed fiery crash!

Ive been sticking to the limits since I started a new job where they check our tachos for speeding. We are based in the Whitchurch area so the 1st half hour of the shift is all at 40 max due to the speed limits in any direction. All of the firms in that area have had warnings from VOSA about it so my boss said.
It was a pain in the arse at 1st but now it doesnt bother me. It does seem to make the day less stressfull as well which is good.
I have 6 points on my licence and for about 2 weeks I had 9 points. All for speeding in LGV, all paid for out of my own pocket at £60 a time. Thats not including points from years gone by that are not on the licence now. I dont intend getting any more!!

I stick to the limits at most I’ll do 2-3 miles over. My licence is my job and my insurance is enough as it is. If someone behind me doesn’t like it they can whinge to thier MP and get the law changed.

I heard today that an MJ Church driver on hire to us got caught on the cameras at Barnard Gate a couple of weeks ago; Three times in a day, thankfully he did have a clean license beforehand.
I was working with one of our fastest drivers today on turnaround to a local concrete plant. I stuck bang on 40 all morning, with a trip from quarry to plant taking about 14minutes. Went flatout for about 3 loads this afternoon and all I saved each trip was about 2 to 3 minutes depending on the pointless traffic lights at Eynsham and Cassington. The real reason for colleaugue passing me at least twice today was his auto tailgate; Saves hell of a lot of time when you’re doing 10 loads a day…