Amry merc actros

last few weeks ive been travelling on the M6 north and south and have seen either 1 single or 2 in convoy merc actros 4 axle units pulling trls liek the glass guys use in the green paint job but still have the crom section in the visor.does anyone know where they are based and what they are pulling.thought the uk army used us trucks for heavy loads like tanks and that.and was slowly replacing the old leylands they still tun with new mans

Sounds like the nuclear convoy running out of Aldermaston up to somewhere in Scotland,normally have a MOD police ■■■■■■ and a wrecker and fire engine in a back up convoy :wink:

It sounds like the trucks they use for moving nuclear warheads. somebody posted pics a few months back.

This one?

They carry nuclear warheads
Good site nukewatch.org.uk/

thats them but every tiem i see them there is never a ■■■■■■ must be empty then have seen a spare unit and tanker plus wrecker running with them.but its mainly one on its own.dont know what model they are but if they are pulling big loads think they will be 500 plus rigs and titan rigs as merc dont build 4 leggers themselfs

i always remember this video…

some of the comment explain whats going on, coach full of troops ready for action, wrecker, back up units etc

I saw the same trucks last week on the m6 and I too thought it was strange them running on their own with no ■■■■■■ or command truck.
I remember seeing the old Foden convoy arrive into the army camp that’s the side of the a1 near leyburn and the guards were walking around the base in full NBHC gear and the drivers were wearing it too!,they never stopped for anything when they drove through the entrance gates.
Bugger!,is that me being watched by GCHQ for mentioning that??
I go on holiday every year to Strone/Ardentinny and I got talking to a local,he said he tried to canoe over to Coulport and got within 500yds of it and the police launch told him to bugger off sharpish!!
Too me it’s a frightening place.

I’ve seen them recently as well very impressive price of kit I thought

pah!
you talking about security, you should try getting to within 2 foot of the girlfriends ■■■■■, you wont have the fingers to type on here//////// :smiley:

stuartrobbie:
i always remember this video…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCx-8PAiK8Q&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLCB084B992955AD04

some of the comment explain whats going on, coach full of troops ready for action, wrecker, back up units etc

Pretty annoying video tbh, another bloody foreigner coming over here and trying to change things, complaining about nukes being moved / required, ■■■■ off home if you don’t like it, jesus.

My mate does the landrover conversions for them - he’s REME - and they are armoured + have chem sets, where they can block off all outside air, filter it, have onboard water systems etc, very clever, but yes, the nuke warheads are obviously stored seperately and are not going to go off, also no truck takes both the warhead and the nuke part, so if 1 truck did manage to get hijaaked, they only have 1/2 the trident.

Lets hope in that case they dont get away with two then :slight_smile: