American police

have started to crack down on Canadian truckers that are unable to speak or write in English.Reports from New York State troopers tell of issuing three Canadian drivers with tickets for being illiterate and unable to answer simple questions put to them in English .One was from Quebec,one from Ontario and one from Manitoba.The driver from Manitoba,on further investigation was found to be from Manchester but whose speech was so heavily accented no one could understand him.He was also found to be near illiterate as he was unable to fill out a log book properly.All three trucks were impounded.The driver from Manchester was apparently dragged away screaming and shouting"I am Canadian".The New York State governor has apparently complained to Canadian authorities about using illiterate truck drivers to operate in the USA.Canadian authorities replied that they could not get native Canadians to take the jobs and were forced into taking the dross from other parts of the world.

Everybody is bored of you now Robbie…Enough said.

robbbie:
have started to crack down on Canadian truckers that are unable to speak or write in English.Reports from New York State troopers tell of issuing three Canadian drivers with tickets for being illiterate and unable to answer simple questions put to them in English .One was from Quebec,one from Ontario and one from Manitoba.The driver from Manitoba,on further investigation was found to be from Manchester but whose speech was so heavily accented no one could understand him.He was also found to be near illiterate as he was unable to fill out a log book properly.All three trucks were impounded.The driver from Manchester was apparently dragged away screaming and shouting"I am Canadian".The New York State governor has apparently complained to Canadian authorities about using illiterate truck drivers to operate in the USA.Canadian authorities replied that they could not get native Canadians to take the jobs and were forced into taking the dross from other parts of the world.

Wheres you’re proof? Just a load of made up B.S seriously do us a favour if you hate canada so much, stop ■■■■■■■■ about it, because you’re only ■■■■■■■ in the wind if you think you’re putting people off from moving to canada.

To be honest it’s getting rather pathetic, and like wire said its boring. You’re posts are pretty much like your use to society. Pointless. :grimacing:

when will the powers that be realise robbie should be known as knobbie and be removed from the site :bulb:

OK, Knobbbbiiee, put up or shut up.

Provide links to this article. After all, judging by your ■■■■ poor punctuation and spelling, there is no way they could be as illiterate as you.

robbbie:

:laughing: :laughing: wheres the proof :laughing: :laughing:

Asking for proof or attacking what was written is fine, but please read the forum rule regarding personal attacks.

dave_lol66:
:laughing: :laughing: wheres the ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

There fixed :smiley:

BigJon:

dave_lol66:
:laughing: :laughing: wheres the ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

There fixed :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

RRRRRRooobbbbbbbbbbiiieeeee,was the guy from Manchester your dad ? Would explain lots :laughing:

robbbie:
have started to crack down on Canadian truckers that are unable to speak or WRITE in English.

Good job gremmie came off the road then :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

newmercman:

robbbie:
have started to crack down on Canadian truckers that are unable to speak or WRITE in English.

Good job gremmie came off the road then :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

watch it sunny boy !!! :wink:

back to the OP’s post, as i grew up in the glorious South of England where we do speak "gooder’ english I can completely emperthise with a NYC Cop not understanding a Mancunian, just hope he doesnt pull Davie Caldwell over, they would take him direct to area 51 as an allien :laughing: :laughing:

well im up {zb} creek if i get stopped by american police

The New Hampshire motor carrier enforcement division is allso cracking down on none English speaking lorry drivers comeing down from Canada. So all you lads from Manchester heed Robieeeee’s warning and start learning to speak proper…‘How Now Brown Cow’ :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

robbbie:

Robbie,

Can you provide a link to the original “Reports from New York State troopers” please?

As I have that Robbie idiot blocked from my posts I can’t read his obviously stupid post but get the message from what others have written and he is full of crap.
NY State police know very well most drivers from Quebec run this way, all are prepared for the extreemly odd non english speaking Canadian, there s never any problems because on all DOT inspections at least one officer can translate either French or Spanish.
The truth is that ‘English’ is taught in all canadian schools along with french so any canadian who says they can’t speak english is lying to you just for the sake of it and if you ever took the time to get to know one or two of them they would tell you the same thing and have a good laugh about it.

What DOT and other police don’t like is other imigtrants that can’t speak english, french or spanish. That is when the problems occur.

Robbie … why don’t you stop taking about things you will never understand and go play around a swing set in the kiddies play area ?
:smiley:

dieseldave:

robbbie:

Robbie,

Can you provide a link to the original “Reports from New York State troopers” please?

It’s hardly new news, gents and Canadians :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s probably a borderline enforcement of FMCSA regulations

398.3one of the requirements for becoming a commercial vehicle driver is “knowledge of English. Every driver shall be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand highway traffic signs and signals and directions given in English and to respond to official inquiries.”

also

391.11one of the qualifications for becoming a truck driver is that the driver "can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.

I’ve no idea if this is even in current statute having been out of it for a few years but unfortunately in a small amount Robbie is right.

Heres a couple of linky type things of similar relevance…

wlwt.com/news/13454116/detail.html

usatoday.com/news/nation/200 … kers_N.htm

landlinemag.com/Archives/200 … nglish.htm

Whether it would stick at appeal I doubt but who has the time and money to fight it. Quite honestly I’ve had many a southern trooper not understand a bloody word from my lips but just mentioning there sister seems to distract them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is similar to that numbnuts in IIRC Wyoming with his “Tiredness Tick Sheet” which decides on criteria such as cleanliness, whether your shaven and if your eyes “look” tired to put you Out of service even if your logs look straight :wink:

Robbie 1 Hosers 0 … What’s that all aboot, eh ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi billybigrig,

That’s nice clear info and I’ve read your very credible links, so thanks for that. :smiley:

Your point about whether it would stick at appeal is a good one IMHO.

As things stand, I think the problem is that it’s rather subjective for an officer to dish out a ticket in all cases of apparent language difficulties, because surely the officer would have to have some language qualification in order to correctly determine whether a driver has or has not actually breached the rule you’ve quoted.

I guess that the authorities could introduce a fair test for all drivers as part of licence acquisition/renewal, then nobody could play the ‘victimisation/discrimination’ cards. At least that would save the enforcement officers from having to make a difficult judgment.

The only cases where any US cop would come up against a non english speaking driver is if he or she was driving a vehicle from another country such as Mexico and would need to speak spanish. If any driver holds a US CDL they would be able to speak english … (even the ones from Quebec as I said can speak and understand English)

And just to be clear, one of the requirements for entry into Canada is a sufficient ability to read, write and speak English or French, but in order to get enough points as a truck driver, you need to show some proficiency in both languages.

Furthermore, trollobbbbbiiiee says they have started to crack down. Billy says it has been on the books for a long time. Seems just another troll crap post from curryfarts partner.