American/Canadian truckstops

fly sheet:

kr79:
Parking areas stinking of ■■■■ carrier bag with a turd in sounds like a night out in a British MSA.
How the [zb] anyone can [zb] in a bag is beyond me.

A bag has been more hygenic than some of the khazis I’ve had to use :open_mouth:

Was a blessing when the FH came out with the raised lower bunk :wink:

The corrugated iron covered hole in the ground favoured by our flip flop wearing friends from the other side of the Straits of Gibraltar are the worst I’ve seen, especially when you hear the clanking of metal and then a splash, OMG I hope that’s coins and not my keys is the first thought that enters your head, the second is bollox, in my haste to avoid soiling my pants after eating green chicken I forgot my toilet roll :cry: :laughing: Then it’s time for a wipe with the Calvin Kleins or going native, option one best if you bite your nails or pick your nose :open_mouth: :laughing:

fly sheet:

kr79:
Parking areas stinking of ■■■■ carrier bag with a turd in sounds like a night out in a British MSA.

A bag has been more hygenic than some of the khazis I’ve had to use :open_mouth:

The plastic thunder box in purfleet dock is like that bog in the bookies in trainspotting :smiley:

newmercman:

fly sheet:

kr79:

The corrugated iron covered hole in the ground favoured by our flip flop wearing friends from the other side of the Straits of Gibraltar are the worst I’ve seen, especially when you hear the clanking of metal and then a splash, OMG I hope that’s coins and not my keys is the first thought that enters your head, the second is bollox, in my haste to avoid soiling my pants after eating green chicken I forgot my toilet roll :cry: :laughing: Then it’s time for a wipe with the Calvin Kleins or going native, option one best if you bite your nails or pick your nose :open_mouth: :laughing:

Yeah losing the pants sounds better. Your screwed if you go commando though. :smiley:

We should start a thread about khazi’s & toileting on here I think, may be too offensive to some though…

I remember a hut on the landing strip in Bulgy a steel plate with a hole burned out over the edge of an embankment, jeez it was rough having your ■■■■■■■ going into freefall & the wind blowing around ya nads…

You NEVER paid to park ?
here are a few that I know where you pay to park …
Petro Bordentown NJ.
TA exit 7 on I-78 in NJ.
TA, exit 28 on I-84 in CT.
TA exit 71 on I-84 in CT.
TA on I-4, Tampa FL.
TA on US 1 New Hampshire line.
Rhode Island truck stop of I-95 in RI.
And that basically off one main highway on the east coast (except the Tampa one).

Nope…never been charged or even asked to pay once ever.
My average trip length is 10 days - 3 weeks and I have covered nearly every US state and 9 provinces of Canada in the last 4 and a half years.

seems to me it’s only the east coast where drivers get ripped off, I have travelled coast to coast, north to south and the eastern area have excesive tolls and parking fees.
I notice ‘Vince Lombardy service area’ have installed some sort of Idleair system to every truck ■■■■■■■■■■■■ … which of course not one driver uses :laughing:

wire:
Nope…never been charged or even asked to pay once ever.
My average trip length is 10 days - 3 weeks and I have covered nearly every US state and 9 provinces of Canada in the last 4 and a half years.

Deleware…Just saying :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wire wrote:Nope…never been charged or even asked to pay once ever.

Deleware…Just saying

So who wants to go to Deleware anyway■■?..

Did you know Oregon was beautiful at this time of year mate?..No?..Ha ha.

wire:

Deleware…Just saying

:blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

wire:

Deleware…Just saying

I`ve been to both of them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But could you 2 help me out :question: I am looking for somewhere known as Wyoming :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nianiamh:

newmercman:

wire:

Deleware…Just saying

But could you 2 help me out :question: I am looking for somewhere known as Wyoming :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe if you used a map you would notice wyoming is right in the middle of all the states you have been to, you should try sticking to main roads :laughing:
Oh and I have been to all 3 :smiley: just saying

On the road again:

nianiamh:

newmercman:

wire:

Deleware…Just saying

Maybe if you used a map you would notice wyoming is right in the middle of all the states you have been to, you should try sticking to main roads :laughing:
Oh and I have been to all 3 :smiley: just saying

Ahem…FLORIDA…that is all :laughing: :laughing:

Went there… once and only just. Why would anyone look for Wyoming anyway? They have weird bears that like pickanick baskets there…

I didn’t get to Alaska or… sadly… Hawaii. And I have missed out on the Yukon and Nunuvit. In fact, I have been way closer to Nunuvit than any of the others I have missed…

And Pat, the truckstops up here can be a bit scary. Even the east coast US ones are better. That said, they are improving. The new Husky in New Liskeard is pretty swanky even if the puddles there would remind you of a certain doctor that went to Gloucester.

Even so, they still knock spots off the remaining ones in the UK. Think of the Hollies in mid winter.

The Hollies was nothing Bob, think of the old Poplar in Lymm before it was replaced :cry:
What a disaster that was LOL
Wyoming is so boring I used to drive across I-80 with a DVD screen strapped to the streering wheel and watch entire movies, hours in a straight line zzzzzzzzz

Pops was a good place to snap a spring though, do you remember the old Indian guy selling stuff at The Hollies■■? I went on there the other day to meet someone, its all clean & tidy now…

Junction 26 on the 25 has to be the worst parking area ever I think they modeled it on no mans land in the Somme.

fly sheet:
Pops was a good place to snap a spring though, do you remember the old Indian guy selling stuff at The Hollies■■? I went on there the other day to meet someone, its all clean & tidy now…

I remember when I was on Fed Ex / matchbox stopping there one night when it was reallly packed, some Scottish bloke sat ata the bar downing scotch on the rocks, then got in his day cab Scania 111 and headed south, during the night I woke up to a bit of noise but ignored it and pulled the covers over my head … next morning when I opened the curtains I found both mirror arms had been stolen :open_mouth:

Pat Hasler:

fly sheet:

I remember when I was on Fed Ex / matchbox stopping there one night when it was reallly packed, some Scottish bloke sat ata the bar downing scotch on the rocks, then got in his day cab Scania 111 and headed south, during the night I woke up to a bit of noise but ignored it and pulled the covers over my head … next morning when I opened the curtains I found both mirror arms had been stolen :open_mouth:

Its grim “oop narth” Pat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
The Hollies was nothing Bob, think of the old Poplar in Lymm before it was replaced :cry:
What a disaster that was LOL

Last time I was in there (last year) they had removed all the security barriers and it seems to have gone down the pan again!