Amber ABS warning on DAF truck

Hi
The Amber ABS warning light came on in a truck I was driving on Friday. I duly reported it to the manager.
I’m expecting to have to drive the same vehicle tomorrow morning and I suspect it will not have been dealt with yet. I’m an agency driver and I don’t want to drive a vehicle that shouldn’t be on the road. (if that is in fact what the case may be)
I’ve tried to research this on the web but have not found much on this topic.
I’d welcome any advice on this please.

Tractor unit or rigid ? XF ,CF or LF ?

Hello
Vehicle is a 7.5 tonne rigid.

Expect to be told “Ignore it, it’s just a sensor fault” :unamused:
As an agency driver you have nothing to gain and everything to lose if you are pressurized into taking it out.

If they do pressurize you to ignore it, tell them “That’s what Mathew Gordon said to Phil Potter” then direct them to this historical incident as you exit their premises.
theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … tzy-steady

Many thanks for that, you could not have made it any clearer.
A harrowing incident to read about.

Amber fault in the yard vor it.

Amber faults while driving report it and defect it with the office and get the defect number. It’s up to them to call it out and get it checked and or booked in for repair.
It’s your licence and money on the line if it’s a fault vor it and don’t take it out.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Zac_A:
If they do pressurize you to ignore it, tell them “That’s what Mathew Gordon said to Phil Potter” then direct them to this historical incident as you exit their premises.
theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … tzy-steady

Quite possibly the best answer on this whole forum