Amazon

Anybody done any trunking work for amazon ? Whats it like ?

I was talking to a TM this week who does lots of work with Amazon, he had nothing but good things to say about them, reckons they’re knocking their selves out to dispel some of the stories about poor working conditions.

I assume he means as a subbie company providing transport to Amazon?

In which case amazon could pay their staff in freshly minted gold bard but your contract isn’t with them, it’s with the subby.

Whatever it won’t be hard graft. Bay door to bay door.

toonsy:
I assume he means as a subbie company providing transport to Amazon?

In which case amazon could pay their staff in freshly minted gold bard but your contract isn’t with them, it’s with the subby.

Whatever it won’t be hard graft. Bay door to bay door.

Slam ?

Dunno but I often see Amazon liveried motors parked up for the night in some god awfull positions in unsuitable laybyes, mirrors folded in and inches from fast moving traffic etc etc.
Smacks of poverty to me.

msgyorkie:
Dunno but I often see Amazon liveried motors parked up for the night in some god awfull positions in unsuitable laybyes, mirrors folded in and inches from fast moving traffic etc etc.
Smacks of poverty to me.

Some people just choose laybys to save money.

Yes loads of it , piece of ■■■■ ,

adam277:

msgyorkie:
Smacks of poverty to me.

Some people just choose laybys to save money.

Nah, im talking about laybyes that are too small for even a car to be safe. Its usually the one closet to the Amazon shed.

There are plans afoot to build a super space Amazon depot near me, and as usual the nimby element have kicked off, they are complaining of 800 trailers a day in and out, now that sounds an awful large amount of movement, the local police are comparing it to Hoo