Amazon trucks

Why do I seem to see lots of Amazon tractor units running solo everywhere and are they there own vehicles or owner drivers.

They run solo a lot because their organisational skills match that of a caveman attempting to operate the space station, and they are invariably subbies in Amazon colours.

When you say everywhere , there seems to be a Amazon depot everywhere , so I doubt there going that far

It’s all Joe Bloggs Haulage running leased Amazon branded units.

I wouldn’t touch Amazon work again. ‘Amazon Logistics’ couldn’t run a bath, the amount of waste running fresh air about and hanging around for hours on end for departure times is chronic. It did my head in.

dozy:
When you say everywhere , there seems to be a Amazon depot everywhere , so I doubt there going that far

If you’re a disorganized subbie however, you’re likely to be turning up at the wrong depot all the time. Eg. “Go to Milton Keynes, and pick up trailer 6969000” so bod turns up at Marston Gate, rather than that big FO place alongside the M1 between 13 and 14…

Winseer:

dozy:

If you’re a disorganized subbie however, you’re likely to be turning up at the wrong depot all the time. Eg. “Go to Milton Keynes, and pick up trailer 6969000” so bod turns up at Marston Gate, rather than that big FO place alongside the M1 between 13 and 14…

But that’s only 5 mins away , same if you got the wrong one of 3 in donny , it’s only a few mins to the right one ,

Richie B:
Why do I seem to see lots of Amazon tractor units running solo everywhere and are they there own vehicles or owner drivers.

Tractor units always start the shift solo.

dozy:

Winseer:

dozy:

But that’s only 5 mins away , same if you got the wrong one of 3 in donny , it’s only a few mins to the right one ,

True, there’s even three Amazon depots in Rugby plus another at least jne up at Magna Park.

For Winseer… that’s partly why all Amazon sites have a code, like BHX5 etc, to distinguish between them.

dozy:

Winseer:

dozy:

There’s 4 in Donny :wink:

rob22888:
It’s all Joe Bloggs Haulage running leased Amazon branded units.

I wouldn’t touch Amazon work again. ‘Amazon Logistics’ couldn’t run a bath, the amount of waste running fresh air about and hanging around for hours on end for departure times is chronic. It did my head in.

It pays well for the employees though! Can’t believe it doesn’t pay well for the subbies.

osark:

Richie B:

Tractor units always start the shift solo.

Unless you park your tractors at a PYT (Park your truck) Amazon depot that also has trailers.

Typical shift, drive 70 miles empty, trailer swap empty for loaded, drive 70 miles. Trailer unloaded. Drive 70 miles back to the depot. Get paid £140 for that 6.5 HR day. What’s not to like?

stu675:
Typical shift, drive 70 miles empty, trailer swap empty for loaded, drive 70 miles. Trailer unloaded. Drive 70 miles back to the depot. Get paid £140 for that 6.5 HR day. What’s not to like?

I’d imagine for an owner/driver that wouldn’t cover standing costs, let alone fuel and wages.

Star down under.:

stu675:

I’d imagine for an owner/driver that wouldn’t cover standing costs, let alone fuel and wages.

No, that’s the rate for a driver not an owner driver.

Thanks for the clarification.