Amazon documentary

NewLad:

Dipper_Dave:
Absolutely shocking how they treat their employees, only time i’ve ever done 120 picks an hour is when I had an itchy arse.

I will be complaining to my local MP right after I’ve done a bit of online shopping.

Love to try it for a day or two to get some weight off.

120 picks an hour is for all!!! At co-op we used to do a minimum of 185 cases per hour if you were on a truck in the main warehouse and 214 cases per hour if you were on foot in secure goods, I could pick 120 and sit and talk for the other half an hour.

We were on decent money though none of this £6 crap, I was on £6.25 in 2004 when I started there. When I left it was £8.64 on days + 33% for working nights but like I said you worked for it!

Pah thats rubbish! The old Safeway days were 220 per hour on a normal day! Iceland was 180 an hour bottom line. Top bonus was 240 an hour (in the freezer anyway) Funnily enough it was easier at Safeway on a busy day. Iceland is a lower target but much harder to achieve.

This is much more entertaining…

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01lrjdx

These guys have balls.

trubster:

These guys have balls.

That’s brilliant! Shouldn’t be allowed that by Amazon. No wonder the economy is buggered, how many more UK companies are doing this!

Tarrman:

trubster:

These guys have balls.

That’s brilliant! Shouldn’t be allowed that by Amazon. No wonder the economy is buggered, how many more UK companies are doing this!

It’s a really good comedy series. On the same episode they took the p out of primark by putting up some fake POS in a shop front

It is shocking that they put most profits though Luxembourg, for a tiny country it has a huge commercial base

After reading these posts I get the impression that Amazon can only behave the way they do because the agencies aid and abet them.

I don’t know for certain but if Amazon had to employ personnel, rather than book them through an agency, then the terms and conditions might be better. In my opinion employment agencies are to employment rights that Wonga are to financial services.

Funny how they didn’t interview any foreign workers, just lazy looking Brits.
Ooh I got blisters walking, boohoo!

weeto:

Indeed. And people wonder why companies would rather hire foreign workers.

Conor:

weeto:

Indeed. And people wonder why companies would rather hire foreign workers.

I would be a lazy looking worker if I was working under those conditions and for those wages.

Reason why foreign workers at companies like amazon maybe better workers than their uk counterparts minimum wage over here is five times what they would get back home.

Put ourselves in their position you get the opportunity to work in a foreign country and the minimum wage is five times what you get here in the UK we would be great workers.

I’ve just seen this after reading about it here.
The insider did seem a bit workshy. It’s not difficult to turn up to work on time and I don’t subscribe to the thought of going home because I feel ‘a little’ unwell. 11 miles In 10 hour shift is not beyond reach either.
I’d did make me wonder about the BBC however. For a broadcaster who’s supposed to be impartial, this was aired for maximum effect at Amazons busiest time. Also, the promotion of the other bookstores website surely goes against the advertising policy. It just came across as someone having an axe to grind.

No, I think it was fair, if you don’t want your business coming under the spotlight then don’t engage in shoddy practice…!!!

Pimpdaddy:
No, I think it was fair, if you don’t want your business coming under the spotlight then don’t engage in shoddy practice…!!!

+1
Thats 3 different Tv’s programmes now, by 3 different Tv channels that have gone undercover at Amazon.