Amazon Deeside.

Anyone delivered into it?

How flexible are they on delivery times?

Are they quick?

Ken.

No I’m never that far North.
But as a general answer they never care about scheduled times on the ground, and they’re quick to unload, but hold you until departure time for collections.

stu675:
But as a general answer they never care about scheduled times on the ground, and they’re quick to unload, but hold you until departure time for collections.

I am not collecting, merely delivering a full load tomorrow hence the question.

Ken.

Quinny:

stu675:

I am not collecting, merely delivering a full load tomorrow hence the question.

Ken.

You might have a very different experience to me, being an external party. But I doubt it.
How far before or after your delivery time were you hoping for?

Always did OK at Amazon but then we used to run critical loads in (packaging) and it was always an “ignore the time we need it now” kinda thing.

The rest of it, ie actual product, we farned out to either pallet networks or subbies so they can waste their time in there so make of that what you will.

Turned out to be a building that Amazon use, but doesn’t have their name on it.

Rocks up at 07:45 for a 09:00 delivery. Straight on one of the 6 bays they use, and tipped in 40 minutes, then on my way to collect over the river at Queensferry.

Trailer now on the docks at Immingham, awaiting it’s journey to Rotterdam, and I am now at home. Cushty.

Ken.

stu675:

That’s not actually true though is it. You deliver to Amazon sites with Amazon goods on an Amazon trailer. It can be and is a different experience if you are delivering something that isnt an Amazon load into one of their sites.

I have been turned away from a site in Doncaster (if memory serves me correctly) for missing a booking time.

Jimmy McNulty:

stu675:

That’s not actually true though is it. You deliver to Amazon sites with Amazon goods on an Amazon trailer. It can be and is a different experience if you are delivering something that isnt an Amazon load into one of their sites.

I have been turned away from a site in Doncaster (if memory serves me correctly) for missing a booking time.

That’s why I said exactly that!

stu675:
You might have a very different experience to me, being an external party. But I doubt it.
How far before or after your delivery time were you hoping for?

Although I do struggle to understand why a business would refuse goods that they actually want? Just to teach the deliverer a lesson?
In this case the op was early, whereas you were late?