Amazon Coventry

Do they take loads early ? I’ve no idea why but I’m down fri for a 11 am amazon p/ bro then a amazon Coventry at 20.30, why there’s a 9 hr 30 difference in booking times Is beyond me unless your going to be at p/ bro for 7 hrs ( been there once and can’t temember being there very long )

dozy:
Do they take loads early ? I’ve no idea why but I’m down fri for a 11 am amazon p/ bro then a amazon Coventry at 20.30, why there’s a 9 hr 30 difference in booking times Is beyond me unless your going to be at p/ bro for 7 hrs ( been there once and can’t temember being there very long )

I know drivers who work for cross and slam, their run times are all over the place (waiting for hours is the norm)!
Wouldn’t turn up to early as depos are like prison camps!

No waiting in cab. Clean toilets. Free coffee, and not the usual terrible stuff.

Expect to be there hours. Office staff will give you zero update on progress or timings. Sometimes its 10 mins and something 4 hours.

They have people who come to you and take your paperwork. If you get the short black jamaican guy good luck. Me and him nearly had a fight. The older Egyptian bloke is totally sound though.

One tip slam drivers think they own the place. They dont. Park up before gstehouse and then you can get signed in and go through other barrier. If you queue in your truck you will see the slam cowboys do this and push in front of you.

dozy:

Easy. Get to pbro 3 hrs early, park on bay, 9 hrs off, drive to Coventry, do same and repeat. No steak dinners for you. Thank you uncle Eddie. I’ll keep taking it.

I was an hour early at the newer of the Doncaster amazon sites last week. Whilst they let me in and onto a bay etc I was still in there 3 hours, and there was only 2 other drivers as well as me.

Coventry aren’t a bad lot. We do a double run in a Saturday times 0730 and 1300 but we get the first on3 sorted then normally get straight back with the secind one for 0900 and never have issue getting tipped early.

But then I’m local and know the transport lads. Don’t knkw if that helps me in that way at all.

I’d just turn up, Warrington is the only site I have known to be awkward about booking times with their own internal loads. Stobbies have stand trailers in Amazon’s so they might even let you drop it if your polite. Could be done for around 3 and off home to that steak dinner.

And so it begins…

the nodding donkey:
And so it begins…

AGAIN. :open_mouth: