Am i wrong

I was talking to a driver today and and got talking about driving shifts he reckoned you can’t legally do 7 shifts. I was under the impression that as long as your done by the 6th 24 hour period you can.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I thought you could only do 6, but a few year since I was on the road and I don’t think that’s changed.

You can do as many driving shifts as you can fit into a 144 (?) hour period.

mdourish:
I was talking to a driver today and and got talking about driving shifts he reckoned you can’t legally do 7 shifts. I was under the impression that as long as your done by the 6th 24 hour period you can.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My understanding is that if you started on Sunday at 1200hrs then you must finish your last shift by 1159hrs on the following Saturday, enabling you to take a reduced weekly rest period.

If you do only a 1 hour shift you’ll get a dozen in 6 days taking full 11 hour rests. Take reduced rests and you’ll get a 13th shift in. Do one minute shifts and you’ll get a 14th shift in. (Check me on that.)
Not very likely of course.
Edit. With one minute shifts you’d get to 15 shifts I think?

It depends how long the shifts are, it’s more than possible with short shifts and the correct daily rest.

I would think it all depends on your start time at the beginning of the week and how many hours each shift is,along with the actual time you spend driving and other work.

6 x24hr periods…
Taking the correct rests etc you can do ALOT.
[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You can legally do 14 consecutive days without breaking the law. As in say you start on a Saturday at 12pm you have to be off your card by 12pm the following Friday. You then take a 24hr reduced rest then start again at 12pm on a Saturday and work through until 12pm the following Friday.
Your weekly rest must then be at least 45 hours off.