Am I too old

Hi all.
This is a great place, really glad to find it.
I have an IT company which I have ran for 25 years but I have always wanted to be a truck driver. I am in a position to leave my company to be run by my employees.
I just wanted to know if I have left it too late. I am 49 and really wanting to live the dream of getting my C + E and what I want to do instead of what I have to do.
I would appreciate an honest answer, I would love to go ahead but also don’t want to waste mine or anyone else’s time.
Thanks in advance

You are a long time dead mate. If you want to drive trucks, get on with it.

’ Seek and ye shall find '.

eagerbeaver:
You are a long time dead mate. If you want to drive trucks, get on with it.

’ Seek and ye shall find '.

Your too bored listing to One Republic haha

To OP - if in position to do it then go for it.

I’m 49, took my C 7mths ago and love it.

Money crap but hey you’ve a company run by employees so this is ideal time to have a hobby[emoji4]

Get CE is my advice, wish I’d done both at same time whilst I had money rather than just C. Now got to save up again!! [emoji19]

Take a look at some of my posts. Not far behind you in age, just been made redundant from IT and started driving. Loving it, but it really is a different world!

There is a guy on the forums called Only Alan. He passed with me having reached “mature” years - - a lot more mature than 49!! A couple of weeks ago I had a guy pass PCV who was 68. Provided you are physically fit, age is no barrier.

Fill ya boots!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve just turned 45 mate. Passed class 2 and 1 this year and will be doing drivers cpc soon. I Will be driving for a living by the end of next year. Never too late to do anything :smiley:

Crack on mate recent pass and trial drive for class 2 work 11th September with brake brothers Age 53.

Passed my C two weeks ago, the same week as my 47th . I’ll get at least 20yrs out of it and it wont be as physically demanding as my current warehouse job.

I did my C+E with another guy who was a 60+ year old taxi driver. (It was most interesting/faintly terrifying seeing someone drive an artic like a taxi!)
He took a bit longer to lose some old-school bad habits but passed.
Go for it. The fact you even asked already shows you have a more teachable attitude that my older fellow trainee did!

Peter Smythe:
There is a guy on the forums called Only Alan. He passed with me having reached “mature” years - - a lot more mature than 49!! A couple of weeks ago I had a guy pass PCV who was 68. Provided you are physically fit, age is no barrier.

Fill ya boots!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

There was a guy few months ago in paper who went about gaining all his licences he not gained and apartly the driving examiners named a clipboard after him!

49 is not that old to start there are a lot more that do it who are older than you so go for it

I was emmm never ask a woman her age :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my my - all these youngsters. :unamused: I’m 57 and passed my C in May this year. Soon as I got my licence I went round to my local hauliers for advice & they signed me up straight away. Now working on the Palletways network doing multi-drop - approx 8-15 drops per day - mixture of domestic & commercial. The money is crap but I love the independence - now just saving up for my C+E which I hope to do in the next 6 months. My advice? Just go for it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Go for it mate I passed a couple of months back and I have been tramping for the last 4 weeks and loving it

Forgot to say I’m 56

Agency guy on our place is 78,your just a young pup!

ckm1981:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Priest:

ckm1981:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cracking bloke Henry is, he only does 1 or 2 days a week on trunks and I think he is the only agency driver I ever believe when he says he just does it for pocket money and to “get from under the wife’s feet”,been driving for longer than I’ve been alive!

78 yrs old and still driving, amazing !!

Never too old to start on anything, it`s all in the mind.

Never too old in this game as long as you can pass the medical and get the DCPC that’s all you have to do and agencies will snap you up :smiley:

dave_890:
Crack on mate recent pass and trial drive for class 2 work 11th September with brake brothers Age 53.

Trial drive past and start 2/11/15 as I need to give all October as notice in my current role and before this we have, misfortune of a family funeral first, but its the first I approached and offered the job , hope for newbies, 28-800 per annum and Saturdays paid as extra. I know I have some heavy lifting but am happy as its all experience, you never know I might well like it and stay.