Am i right or am i wrong

Early hrs of the morning going down the M5…no traffic knocking about…following these two other artics…one starts to over take the other…
No-end of miles later…this lorry is still overtaking…by which point a DHL lorry has over taken me…and caught up with the two others…

For no end of miles again…the two of them were trying to over take this lorry in the inside…they were very very slowly making it…but very slowly at that…
This must of gone for about 15 maybe 20 miles…and i’m being OTT…cos this started…not long after Junction 9…start of the M50…where the services r…and the next BP services 31/33 miles further down…and finished…not to far from there…

Now for the whole time i was watching this…i was thinking…why doesn’t the driver in the inside just simply ease up for a sec…let the others pass. and return inside…then resume…nothing else is about to screw him up■■?

The only conclusion i could come to was…he was a stupid…selfish git!!!

Sorry let me correct that…‘the driver was a stupid…selfish git!!!’…(just incase Lucy, Ladytrucker and the crew…start on with their ■■■■)

Personally …if a lorry comes along the side of me…so long as there is no other traffic being hindered…i’ll let them sort themself out initially…but if they have been there for a reasonable while and making no real progress…then i’ll ease off a mile or two…and let them get ahead and return in…cos if their is one thing i hate is a lorry running next to u…and u having to constantly watch for you or them drifting…This is one occasion…where u can be pretty sure the very high percentage of drivers will flash the indicators to say thanks

Now am i right or am i wrong ■■?

right.

I fully agree, supersmiley, and I am pretty much like you at that meaning I would just ease off and let them go past. But hey, ever noticed those professionals who hit the accelerator when you are just half way past them? In the end, I think there are good and bad ones on the road like there are anywhere else. I came into a habit to simply ignore the ‘badens’ but be very friendly and approachable with the ‘goodens’. Nevertheless, it is very funny sometimes to watch these maroons having their little discrepancies on the ‘Warfield’ called Motorway. No wonder Mr & Mrs Average have so many good things to say about us if you watch those so-called 'Professionals or ‘Kings of the Road’.

Nightplot…interesting point…but one thing i’ve learnt…is that if u ignore the Baddies…and just treat them as such…they’ll just carry on and never learn…but if u treat them as u would a goody…eventually…they’ll click on when enough people have shown them the correct way…unfortunately we may not see it…for ourselves…but at least we’re tried and put our little bit in…

Yep…there will be those whom will never change…but if one changes it better then none…it may save someone’s life in the long run…

It is hard work though !!!

SuperSmiley…, of course I fully agree with you and I am just glad that there are people like you who really try to make an effort. I think my personal problem is my age ( I am as old as a ■■■■, :laughing: ) that is making me intolerant to certain behaviour. You surely did come accros the term ‘Grumpy Old Man’, mate? Well, I am one of them or I’d better say I was made one. The end of the day me thinks that we are all sitting in the same boot, mate. So why be so bloody offensive against each other sometimes and try so hard to make our life’s harder than it is? Life is to short and me, personaly, have become somewhat shy of people in recent years. Good on you anyway, mate. You appear to be a sound bloke and I really appreciate that.

Of course the guy who is trying to overtake could always give up and think “i’m not making it, i’ll pull back in behind” ? The onus is squareley on both of them, not one or the other.

This is such a difficult area, apparantly in a recent survey a huge percentage of car drivers stated that one of the biggest changes they would like to see is HGV’s confined to the granny lane. I dont think it could happen (at least I hope not the number of Tesco’s I seem to get stuck behind!) but it shows you how frustrated they get (rightly so) as a couple of stubborn B’s battle it out.

My view is this, I nearly always instinctively know whether I could make it or not and if I’m being overtaken and the only time I won’t give way is if I’m fully freighted and need all my horses. On the other hand I think its dangerous to have to drop back and tuck in behind so next time it happens to you remember the last time you were stranded out there and give way a tad. It’s fair enough if two or three can swop over every now and again to keep it going but if its happening too frequently drop it back a touch and wait your time

Mike-C, that is exactly what I do, all the time and every time and regardless of how I feel at that very moment. Sometimes it is me who is slowing down on an ascent therefore being unable to finish the intended manoeuvre but other times it is those I want to overtake, who ‘hit it’ just for the fun of it. Yes, I actually slow down and grind my teeth because I don’t really want to waste my expensive fuel on these people. Moreover and most importantly, it simply wouldn’t be professional to enter into a silly game like this and it wouldn’t be fair on the other road users anyway. Finally, I have to admit that this ‘offence’ is usually committed by the more seasoned driver and not the ‘Young Ones’ who usually seem to get the blame for most things.

SuperSmiley:
Early hrs of the morning going down the M5…no traffic knocking about…following these two other artics…one starts to over take the other…
No-end of miles later…this lorry is still overtaking…by which point a DHL lorry has over taken me…and caught up with the two others…

For no end of miles again…the two of them were trying to over take this lorry in the inside…they were very very slowly making it…but very slowly at that…
This must of gone for about 15 maybe 20 miles…and i’m being OTT…cos this started…not long after Junction 9…start of the M50…where the services r…and the next BP services 31/33 miles further down…and finished…not to far from there…

Now for the whole time i was watching this…i was thinking…why doesn’t the driver in the inside just simply ease up for a sec…let the others pass. and return inside…then resume…nothing else is about to screw him up■■?

The only conclusion i could come to was…he was a stupid…selfish git!!!

Sorry let me correct that…‘the driver was a stupid…selfish git!!!’…(just incase Lucy, Ladytrucker and the crew…start on with their [zb])

Personally …if a lorry comes along the side of me…so long as there is no other traffic being hindered…i’ll let them sort themself out initially…but if they have been there for a reasonable while and making no real progress…then i’ll ease off a mile or two…and let them get ahead and return in…cos if their is one thing i hate is a lorry running next to u…and u having to constantly watch for you or them drifting…This is one occasion…where u can be pretty sure the very high percentage of drivers will flash the indicators to say thanks

Now am i right or am i wrong ■■?

thats why the Austrian Law say’s that it is not alowed to overtake if you can’t.
The vehicle which gets overtaken has priority at all Time.
On A roads must you a min of 20km/h faster that you can overtake

Right.

Nightpilot…i’m groovy with what your saying…just enjoy your day’s…and be happy…that’s all that counts…I’m also very much going down the path of being shy of people…probably cos i’ve seen how people treat each other a lot better in other parts of the world…but my time hasn’t come yet…to run away from here elsewhere…hopefully it will one day…

People i said this was the early hrs of the morning…one or two joes pasted us… Daneinter…your right though…i can’t be dealing with those idiots whom ain’t going know where…but they must overtake…ticking off joe driver in the daytime…or the toss -pot…whom accelerates…whilst your overtaking…leaving u in no mans land…to-far to drop back…or someones now following behind u

Mike-C…not reading again r u…the DHL lorry that past me…was now behind the overtaking lorry…making it double difficult to drop back…+ once a lorry has made so much progress alongside…it’s a bit daft to expect them to drop back…a lot easier for u to lose a mile or so…

Lorry drivers…down to van drivers (+ car reps) r suppose to be a team…all making living off the roads…working together…even though u don’t actually know each other…that’s why when u see joe driver in the MSA u don’t say ■■■■…but when u see another driver u say hello…another member of the team…although i lie a little…those smary suit and shiny shoe posse can ■■■■ -off