Am I mad

Started my driving career on the buses for a large national firm in Manchester, passed my class 2 then went on tippers…then ended up back on buses as the hours where needed with the litte’n

Just started my class 1 upgrade today and told need 8-10 hours to pass
Ill be leaving a £10.66 an hour basic (more after 7)
But there are no bonus’s and in sick to death of the attitude of people I just want to work nights for a decent firm where I’m in a cab on my own no hassle but £10 seems rare on class 1

Only you know how much you need to live on and what, if any, luxuries your’e prepared to give up - in the event that you earn substantially less.

I am one of the rare breed who actually enjoy (or perhaps I should now say “enjoyed” in the past tense!) driving buses, coaches and trucks equally. None are perfect and there are days when you wish you were doing something else.

Looks as though your upgrade wont cost a fortune so it’s probably worth giving it a go. If all else fails, major bus companies are generally looking for drivers so you may have a route open to you for a return if needs be.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

good luck !! juggiling work with family is the hardest thing u will ever drive .

That’s part of my reason, if I could get on with (dare I say) the s word then they have a shift pattern that could suite me and the pay per hour kinda evens out with bonus’
Need to be sensible though, not jacking in the buses for agency or a Mickey Mouse with 3 old sheds

Sorry but if your working for MB or Nat you’d be mad to leave as it’s 10 times better than trucking. I enjoyed bus/coach driving ten fold.

Don’t know MB as much as I used to because the starts are too early, mainly on stage…grating on me now

AsphaltAnimal:
That’s part of my reason, if I could get on with (dare I say) the s word then they have a shift pattern that could suite me and the pay per hour kinda evens out with bonus’
Need to be sensible though, not jacking in the buses for agency or a Mickey Mouse with 3 old sheds

Remember that most of the best shift there will be taken by the guys that have been there a while as most will want them so only the daft shift that nobody want will be available