Am i in your way son!

spotted these pair (or rather they managed to squeeze past me on the road from the forth road bridge towards the roadworks that takes you onto the motorway (cant think of the road number and cant find me map :blush: )

first one in usually see knocking about but this second one any idea what it is :question:

jon

I would suggest that the Faun is being assisted by an FTF 8x8.

I thought it might be a Terberg but it doesnt seem to match anything I have seen before

jonboy:
spotted these pair (or rather they managed to squeeze past me on the road from the forth road bridge towards the roadworks that takes you onto the motorway (cant think of the road number and cant find me map :blush: )

A8000

Think its a UNIPOWER

The second one is a unipower

Im pleased someone has answered that cos I thought afterwards that the FTF didnt look like that.

Im grateful for your superior knowledge DiscoPete and 8legger

That Unipower is the nuts, it was built as a prototype for the British Army HET (Heavy Equipment Transporter) but they chose the OshKosh instead. Alsthom bought it and converted it to a ballast tug.

ALE got it and some of the FAUN’s and some girder trailers when they bought Alsthoms haulage division.

More pics here and some other HH stuff too.