Am i in the POO!

Simple question, were you ‘cautioned’ and interviewed? If you were then the weekly rest could go further but if they let you drive back to base probably won’t. The MOT will usually land on your emplyers doorstep. Unless you break into the filing cabinet in the office you have no way of knowing whether the vehicle is in or out of test. Trailers over 3 500kg permitted weight have a test disc, but vehicles do not.
If you were not cautioned and interviewed matters will not be going further as far as you are concerned, chalk this one up to experience.

newmercman:
As far as I know you can keep having 24/36 until you hit the end of week 3, I used to work on a firm that did 4wks on 6days off & we used to have 24 off each weekend then the 6days off used to set us straight again.

i have just had a read through the drivers hours and i have a feeling you may be right. that is how it looks by reading them anyway.

may be tachograph or coffeeholic can help us on this one, they seem to be the WTD and Drivers Hours Guru’s.

yet again the drivers hours are open to misinterpretation, it all depends how you read them!

newmercman:
As far as I know you can keep having 24/36 until you hit the end of week 3,

Not any more you can’t. In any two consecutive weeks you must have either two regular weekly rest periods (at least 45 hours) or one regular and one reduced weekly rest period (at least 24 hours). The OP has said he took a reduced weekly rest period in the previous week so could not take another the next week, he had to take a regular period of at least 45 hours and came up 4 hours short.

Under the pre April 11 2007 rules you could take reduced weekly rests every week if you wanted too, as long as the compensation was made up by the end of the third week following the reduction - reduce week 1 compensate before end of week 4. I have had periods in the past where I have gone 8 or 10 weeks without a full weekly rest period but that is no longer possible.

Incidentally the 24/36 away/at home reduction no longer applies, you can now reduce to 24 regardless of location.

thanks for that coffeeholic,

i had a feeling i was right as im sure you had told me this when pm’d you that time.

cheers mate

ROG:
[Well, I’ll chance looking like a right plonka - I dont think there is anything on a vehicle that tells a driver whether it has a current MOT or insurance - that is the owners remit.

On this occasion, you’re not a plonker!

The PNC holds this info in relation to the vehicle reg number (easily checked over the radio) and they can also check all your driving licence details too! (including any penalty points you may have). I wonder what George Orwell would have made of all this? :wink: